Friday, September 4, 2009

The Results Are In

Remember when I talked about boot camp in a post in July, well the class is finally over and my results are in. After many hard and long workouts we have finally completed the 6 week program. I think this program really helped me to see what I needed to do to change the way I feel and look. Before this class I was working out about 3 times a week at most and now I normally do between 5-6 days which is way better. They are not always super hard sweat dripping off my nose workouts, but I would still call a 3 mile walk a workout. I can also run 4 miles straight which I could not do before.

Now for some results!!! On Tuesday we did our mile to see if we had improved our time and I had improved mine by a minute and 15 seconds! My dad improved his by a minute and 45 seconds! Then we did a regular workout that included the obstacle course, that was a lot of fun, haha. I didn't say that they are fun workouts, but they do show results.

Thursday was the weigh in, sit ups and push up test. I lost 6 lbs and I was super happy with that. It might not seem like a lot since most of the time people on the biggest loser lose that in one week, but when you only have 12 to lose, that is a lot. I lost over an inch and a half in the waist, so my close fit a lot better. I even lost over 2% on my body fat.

I am super happy with the results and my dad and I are thinking about doing it again. I know what I need to do to lose the rest and that is to cut out the sugar. I had been good for about half the six weeks, but I would have an off week and eat cookies after lunch almost everyday. I think that if I can get that under control I can get to my goal weight. But this is a bigger problem for me then for most people since I love sugar so much, wish me luck.

Enough with that, we had a great Friday and ended our day seeing Lara and James for dinner. We brought Linc with us and had a little camera fun before they showed up. He was super restless so it was hard to get a good shot, but here we go!

Hugs for Mommy! He loves saying Mommy now. I know that is a lot of children's first word, but Linc forever would always call me Daddy. It is nice that he finally calls me Mommy.

We got one good shot, although he would not smile or say cheese.

And he's off...
I caught you little stinker.

Me trying to take a self portrait with Linc, but he looked away, little monkey.

We had a great dinner with Lara and James. They both have new jobs so we got to hear all about them. Lara took a job as a multi media high school teacher and is having fun with it! I think that would be a great job to have, I did that class when I substituted and loved it. Hope you all have a happy Friday!

Blog Signature

1 comment:

nbrawley said...

2 inches and 6 pounds!!! Way to go!!!!! That is soo awesome!!!!