Sunday, September 13, 2009

He's A Working Man...

He is a working man alright, working on driving mommy and daddy crazy, haha! What a weekend it has been with this rain, it just never stopped. Friday Craig and I took off to take 18 month pictures. I didn't even know it was suppose to rain, but rain it did and did and did. Finally it let up really just long enough for us to take our pictures. Unfortunately, Linc was a total toddler and didn't want to get his picture taken at all. It was nap time for him and it was gloomy outside. The photographer was really nice so I am sure she got some good pics, but both Craig and I wanted to pull our hair out afterwards.

Since this is my blog, I can feel free to complain every once in a while about our child. We all know that our children get on our nerves every once in a while, so I don't really feel that bad talking about it. We don't know if it was the rain or something else, but Craig and I both need a spa/paintball weekend after this weekend.

Back to Friday, after a nap that took me an hour to get him down for, we headed up to the mall to play in the indoor play area. We had fun, but had to leave 30 minutes later to go pick up daddy. Craig parents made us dinner, so that was a nice break.

Saturday morning, I got to sleep in but I could hear Linc fussing with Craig all morning. Then at swim lessons he did not want to participate. After a short nap, we headed up to the mall play area again, b/c it was raining, but only got to play for 15 minutes b/c soon after the closed it for cleaning. That night we headed out to dinner with Tony and Emily at Joe T's, one of my favorites. Linc had now decided he does not want to sit in the highchair, so Craig and I had to take turns eating dinner, just like when he was a newborn!

Sunday started out good with him sleeping in until 7:30, a big first. It quickly turned south after we went to breakfast with my parents. He would not go down for a nap. We tried several times, even let him cry it out for 30 minutes and he would not go down. This made for a super fussy baby all day long. Now he is finally down and we are getting some much needed quiet.

I love Linc so much that it is hard for me to say he some times makes me crazy, but it is the truth. Or maybe it is more that the rain makes us all crazy. All weekend we have been saying, "what do people in Seattle do?" I am thankful for that rain, but we are ready for it to leave so we can all go outside and stretch our legs.

Here is Linc making plans to drive us crazy, haha. You can tell from the smile that he is up to no good!



Found mom's work badge, off he goes.

Not sure?

Found dad's work badge, he will be pulling double shifts.


And he's off to unlock all the government doors he can.

So here is my question to parents, what do you do with your toddlers on rainy days?
Blog Signature

3 comments:

The Jungs said...

The Chick Fil A playland is always good for wearing Riley out and it's indoors! I would also suggest doing some craft or project with Lincoln that you wouldn't ordinarily do, like finger painting or making homemade playdough. This weekend was rough for us too and Riley woke up so early on Sunday!

nbrawley said...

I LOVE the new blog look!!!!

Jenn said...

I LOVE all the new photos! You guys are such a cute family!