Sunday, September 20, 2009

Beware if you don't like messes

Day two/three without daddy and what were we up to? Well we started off by heading to the gym so mommy could work out and Linc could play before swim lessons. We learned to go under water in lessons this Saturday and he did great. Then it was time to go down for a short nap while I took a shower and got ready for the day.

After a nap and lunch for Linc, we headed over to grandmas for some fun. After I dropped him off so I could have some much needed me time, I headed up to the mall with Niki. It was fun just going to all the stores without Linc screaming at me to leave.

After a few hours, I went back to get Linc so we could head home for dinner and an activity. I had something special planned and couldn't wait to get started. I thought it would be fun (another suggestion from Meredith) to make a cake and let Linc decorate it. Well it was fun alright, but also super messy, haha. We first made the batter, and I think it was on the ceilings when we were done, haha. After they baked, I iced them and pulled up a stool for Linc to get after it. Well get after it he did, oh man. I had set up sprinkles, m&m's and gummy worms to top our cakes. I put it in little bowls for him and instead of picking up a few and placing them on the cake, he just dumped the whole bowl on the cake. Then to spread it out he smashed his hand in the cake and swirled it around. Well the pictures speak for themselves.


Ice those countertops!

He wanted to get a big sample right out of the middle. We all know that is the best place in any dessert.

Got to make sure the hands AND the arms are covered.

I think the counter needs a little more m&m's.

Now tell me that doesn't look delish.


Of course we had to have a bath afterwards. I feel like I have had to give him one everynight that Craig has been gone, I must be planning super messy activities. While I had to mop the floor again after he went to bed, I would say that it was well worth it. He was so excited and I am sure it got his brain going which is key. He made his cake and ate it too, what could be better.
Blog Signature

No comments: