Saturday, September 19, 2009

Children's Museum

As soon as I found out Craig would be on a paintball trip this weekend, I started to plan our weekend without Daddy. Since this is not my first time, I have learned from experience that it is best to have a lot of stuff planned and to keep busy up until bedtime. So first on the agenda this weekend was the Dallas Children's Museum. I have been wanting to take him to the Fort Worth one, but it is under reservation. So I looked around and found out my friend Meredith had taken her daughter to the Dallas one and loved it. Her daughter is only a year older than Linc, so I figured he would probably like it as well.

After Linc let me sleep in until 7:30 (thank you!) we headed over to switch cars with my mom for the weekend. Craig took the Tahoe, and Linc does not do good without the DVD player on long rides, so I needed to get my moms Expedition. When I got there my mom decided to tag a long to the Museum with us. Boy am I glad she did, I think it was so much better having the extra help and I think she had a fun time exploring too.

We stopped off at El Fenix for lunch before heading over to the Museum. At the Museum Linc got to ride a fire truck, crawl in an ant hole, dress up, play in the water, make music, milk a cow, pick corn and so much more. It was the perfect place for a child his age and older. I would highly recommend it if you have a toddler or older child. It is so interactive. It is like a huge toybox with all new things to explore and it is inside, great for semi rainy days.

Here is Mom and Linc after lunch. This is suppose to be the original El Fenix. It was really good and they have 91 cent kids meals this year for their anniversary which is great for a toddler who does not eat much.

I know this pictures is blurry, but I think it is super cute so I posted it anyway.

After a long drive we finally arrived at the Dallas Children's Museum. The first thing we stopped at was the Earthquake exhibit. He loved pushing the button to make it vibrate.

I guess now a days toddlers have to know how to surf the Internet? Well I guess he was in the big kid museum, but he does love the keyboard.

He spent most of his time in the fire truck. He just loves wheels, so he was fascinated because this one has two.

My little fireman, he chose the most dangerous job. They also had nurse and doctors outfit to try on, but he only wanted this outfit.


He loved these ducks, he couldn't stay away from them. Have you ever seen such a big rubber ducky?



That duck is as big as he is, haha.

Water, water, water, need I say more?

Dancing on stage, he is a true performer.

Playing dress up, they had some fun costumes.

Making some music together.

Climbing in the spiderweb. Hopefully the only one he will get into, I don't like spiders.

Neigh...goes the horsey.

Taking a ride on the tractors/trike.

Milking the cow, he was a pro.

Linc milked himself, haha!

Sorting through the veggies, mmm corn!

Linc is playing with a little boy we met at the museum. He is 14 months old and just as big as Lincoln. We have such a little guy.

He finally ran out of steam after going strong without a nap all day long. You can tell when he is pooped because he just stares into space and sits still.

We all needed a break before we headed home. Linc kept saying he wanted a "nack", so we sat down from some baby cheetos, his fav.

Good Snacks! Need some fuel for the nap home.

I am so glad we got to go and I hope we can go again soon. It wore him out so much that passed out right when I turned on the car and then he crashed at his normal time for bed and slept in again until 7am the next morning, heck yes!
Blog Signature

3 comments:

Tori said...

So fun! I love hearing about fun places to visit like that. Looks like Lincoln had a blast! I love your new blog look, too! So fun! The pictures are precious, too!

The Jungs said...

The museum looks like so much fun! I am going to have to take Riley there!

nbrawley said...

Lets plan a trip there together with the kids. I think Miss A and Lil L would love it!