Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Weekend With No Plans

No plans does not mean you will not be busy. Seems like with children you are always busy.

I started my Saturday off by going to the gym with Niki at the Y. I decided not to take Linc so he and Daddy could spend some time together. Good thing I didn't b/c Niki and I worked out for 1 1/2, hit a garage sale and then stopped at her house to get this super cute necklace I got at a party. By the time I got home it had been 2 1/2 hours and as soon as I walked in Linc was ready for a nap.

After Linc's short nap, we headed out for some Lunch at Jason's Deli where we ran into Jennifer and Boston who were also out for lunch. The boys said their hellos and then we ate lunch. After talking to Niki earlier, I decided it was time to put up Linc's high chair and put him in a booster seat. My little man is so grown up, tear! So we went to Babies R Us (were we stop almost every Saturday or Sunday) and found this cute one by Safety First. I will show pictures later.

Here is Mr. Lincoln looking very grown up in his polo and pin stripped shorts. We had to top it off with some sandals and a hat.


He did ditch the hat at Jason's, but it was good for the pictures!

When we got back I ran and took a quick shower because Jennifer was coming over for a visit before she moves to Tyler, another tear. With the way Linc had been acting the past couple of days/weeks, I figured we would do our shopping trip just us girls.
We had lots of fun going to Academy, BB & Beyond, the Mall and finally Target, because what is a shopping trip without Target. When we got back home and Linc and Craig were at Lowes and Craig said they had a great day together. By this time I had been on my feet all day, so Craig and I ordered in and watched a movie on HBO or one of the million movie channels we had, so that was relaxing.
Here are Jen and I ready to head out on our shopping trip! You can see my new necklace, isn't it cute!

Sunday came too quick, as they always do. It was my turn to sleep in while Craig entertained Linc, so I got up around 8, which was super nice. Then I wanted to run before it got too hot, so I loaded Linc in the jogging stroller and we made my normal loop. By the time I got back he was conked out and I was dripping sweat, so much for going before it gets too hot. We tried to get him out gently, but he woke anyway, so not a great nap.
After that I set up his new booster seat and let him try it out with some applesauce, and I think he feels like such a big boy, he was really excited. Then it was time to clean up his highchair and put it away until, well, I guess until we have another baby in a few years. This thought made me sad, my little boy is growing up so fast. It also showed me that being in the baby gear business is the way to go, I mean we only used that thing for about 8 months and it was over $150, so they make a killing with all the babies out there.
After I cleaned that up, I went for the infant seat which had been in the garage. I wanted to get it cleaned up and out of the heat so we could use it again as well. Linc thought this was great and that he was going to try it out again. After cleaning both and putting them away it was time for a real nap in his bed! He only cried for 5 mins, which is great and slept for over an hour. He did wake up grumpy, but I think he was just hungry, because after he ate he was happy again. Since we set up the booster seat, I decided we needed to go back to Babies R Us to get a table mat for him since he won't have a highchair top.

Getting in his infant seat and plopping down.


Snuggling in, like he use to before he fell asleep.


Getting a little more comfy, he looks like he still fits. Maybe we should switch back, it was easier, haha.

Ok, he is done, time to clean and put away, so sad.


Here is the new booster seat I keep talking about. It his a just the right height for him and he sits just like a big boy!


We topped off the day by heading to my parents house for a swim. Linc now thinks he can swim on his own and kept pushing away from us. We think he will be swimming by next year. He just loves the water and is so independent. He doesn't even want to be in his float anymore because he can't kick his legs. For dinner my mom and dad fried up some trout that my dad and brother caught 2 weeks ago and it was great. We finally headed home around Linc's bed time and put him down, he was pooped and so are we.

So I would say we were pretty busy for a weekend with no plans. It seems like you can and will always find something to do when you have children, because unlike most adults, they do not just want to sit in the house all day and watch TV (I would love to be able to do that once in a while, haha!). Hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments: