Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gone is Wednesday

I got an email from my old blog (hosted by aboutmybaby) and it made me kinda sad. It was gone.
I loved it because you could load tons of pictures into albums like shutterfly or photobucket, but it had the option of blogging as well (we started the blog when I was pregnant with Linc). I wanted to track my belly progress each week, this was perfect for me, I could just add one or two new ones each week. But now they are gone.
I just started this new blog in April, and had the old one for over a year and needless to say it had tons of pictures on it. All those pictures, gone.
Most of the pictures were of Linc for the first year of his life. I have not added them to this blog because it would either be the longest post ever or I would have to upload them all to photobucket to make a slide show, both options taking too much time. So instead, when I started this blog I left a link to the old one in case people wanted to venture over there to see older photos. As if you have not guessed yet, they deleted my old blog!!!
The sent me an email saying it had been inactive for over 60 days (yes, because I have a new blog and who has that much time to update two!) and that they would now delete the blog. I tried to find, but it was gone.
So all my pictures and the countless hours I spent uploading them, all gone!
I have just been drained this week and that tops it off (Linc has started throwing tantrums this week and it is wearing me out!). The good thing is that they are still all on my computer, so if I ever had time to upload them for a slideshow I could.

I do want to end on a happy note so I thought I would provide some pics of Linc in the towel that Tori made for him. The top looks like a burlap sack and has his initial on the back. I love these towels (she made me a blue one too). They are big and cover him from head to toe and are so soft. Plus they have more room in the head than the swankie blankie one we also love so much. Lastly, what better way to wash away the stresses than to take a nice cleansing bath. We should all take a tip from babies, baths are way better than showers.





You can see on my sleeve Linc's left over dinner. It is true, you should never wear black around a toddler, everything shows up!


4 comments:

Jenn said...

Sorry about the tantrums, but glad to know that Boston isn't the only one! Ahhh!! Love the towel. After I saw Avery's I ordered one for B too. Tori is awesome!

Amy G said...

She really is great! I know, the tantrums are really hard and stressful. I don't know how to handle them, grr!

Tori said...

Aw, I'm loving this post and Jenn's comment, too! She just picked up her towel this morning. I can't wait to find out what we're having and make a whole collection of towels for our little one! So sorry about your old blog. I had one I kept all through our engagement, and awhile after, and I love to revisit it to see all of the things that have changed between then and now.

Would you mind if I tried to use a couple of those pictures for my site? The towel is really hard to take pictures of without a cute little model like Linc. Maybe between a few pics of him and Boston using their towels, I could create a cute listing for the hooded towels!

Amy G said...

I can't wait to find out what you are having either Tori! It is going to be so exciting.

I would love for you to use them. You can use those and I will take some better one and post them for you in both towels. You really do a great job with your stuff!