Friday, June 5, 2009

I Love Summers at Work

Why do I love summers at work? Well this is Friday and for work today I got to play outside all day, even swim, all while getting paid. Today was my work's picnic. I was on the planning committee this year, which I hope to be on again next year, and let me tell you that all the preparation paid off. We had over 550 people show up! I think it was the best turn out we have ever had. I mentioned in the past that I work for the federal government, well I work for GSA or General Services Administration to be exact. Among many things we do, the best way to describe what we do in my area is commercial real estate and services for all the federal agencies out there.

We had games everywhere, a bounce house, putt putt, a dunk booth, you name it and we had it. Too bad Linc is too young to play any of the stuff, but that didn't stop him from having a blast and wearing himself out. Plus, Linc got to me a lot of new friends. I work with like 6 people who have children around Linc's age, 3 of them girls and 3 boys. So he had a bunch of fun running around with them getting into all the coolers and finding anything he could destroy!

Look at all that water, and you bet that we drank it all! They had a softball game at the beginning of the picnic so we had to have extra for that.

This was the committee shirt, but dressed up of course. Unfortunately the shirt did not come standard with the fringe, so next year I will send mine home with her to dress it up!

There was even a car show with lots of nice cars that I was informed not to touch, haha! I touched a few anyway!

Here are some of my co-workers enjoying the softball game. In the left corner you can kind of see Maddie. That is the guy in the blue stripes daughter and Linc was charming her like no other. I told Linc I was telling Avery and he was going to be in trouble.

What is a picnic without sticks, and we found two perfect ones.

This is the view I had most of the picnic, Craig and I were constantly running after him and he usually had something in his hand he shouldn't, but it was fun. I know Linc enjoyed the freedom and all the new stuff he got to see.

They had a water balloon toss earlier and this was the leftover. I thought for sure he was not strong enough to bust one, but I was wrong. At least he didn't get anyone wet. But he did think it was fun and wanted to do it again.

Yay, a picture of Linc and I with him pulling on my committee shirt, as usual. I guess he does not feel like I support him enough so he is always pulling on my shirt, but I am 5 ' 1".

Finally it was lunch time, and time for us all to sit down. Linc decide he was too much of a big boy to sit on the ground and so he took one of the adult chairs to have his snack in. His face to me says, "You got a problem with that?", what a tude my little man has, haha!

Eventually, all children get tired, and this is the face they normally make.

So what do you do to make it happy again, put him on a swing!


This little girl looked like she could be Lincoln's twin. She is 20 months old and only weight 23 lbs, small just like Linc. He still only weights 20. She is part Asian as well and super cute!


And last, Linc got his face painted. He chose a smiley face and it came out pretty cute!


After all the festivities, we headed up to the pool where we were having the picnic and took a quick swim. We forgot our camera in the pool, but Linc was tired by this time and he didn't really enjoy it. Plus they would not let us bring his float in, so he got bored fast. When we got home he took a super long nap and then was ready to play again. Man, I wish I remembered what it was like to have that much energy. It is only 8 and I am already wanted to hit the sack. Oh and we get to do it all over again in two weeks for Craig's work! Again, I love work in the summer!

No comments: