Friday, June 12, 2009

Frustrating Friday

Remember the tantrums I talked about last post...well they hit a new level today, but I will talk about that later.

Today was looking like it was going to be a good Friday. Linc and Craig both seemed to be happy upon waking (although Linc did have a night waking at 1am were he cried for 45 mins). I was heading off to work early and Craig was taking Linc to school. I got to work on time, was not stressed at work, even went to lunch with Craig at Yucatan Taco Stand (which has great fish tacos and huge nachos). But it all turned south when I got home, haha. It went south earlier for Craig when he picked him up. Craig went and picked up during nap time (which we now know is a no no) and didn't get his full nap out. So he was super grumpy and was arching his back and trying to wiggle out of my arms anytime I did something he didn't like. Craig had to go back into work so I was on my own. I really wanted to get a workout in, and figured a little playground time for Linc would help his tude, so we headed up to the Y. Unfortunately the child watch was closed, but I still wanted to do something so I ran up and down these stairs while Linc played with a medicine ball. He wanted to throw it down the stairs (on 5 stairs) and so I decided I would catch it. This was a bad idea after about 3 throws. Below you will see why. The ball him my pinky and it felt like it was broke. In the end I think it really only pulled back my fingernail, but man it was throbbing.

After this ordeal, I wanted to head home, but Linc arched his back and threw off his shoes when I picked him up, so I put him back down. He then wanted to head outside to the playground, so I followed him. This made him happy for about 20 mins, but it was so dang hot outside, I knew I needed to get him in before he overheated. I finally coaxed him in with with a toy from outside and then had to coax it away from him by giving him my water bottle. Then I had to figure out how to get the water bottle and guess what, we had another tantrum. I seriously don't know what to do about public tantrums, so I just try my best to make him quiet and get out of wherever we are, which I know only teaches him that it is ok. I mean, do you just let him wail it out right there in front of strangers, I don't know, this is my first child. It is really frustrating.

I finally get him into the car only for him to have a screaming fit the whole way home. By this time I think he is just tired and hungry, not a good combo. I try to find him something to eat, a waffle, mini corn dog, pancake sausage and he wants none of it. So yes, I give in and give him jar food, which he eats up right away, so strange. Well before he eats it I heat it and when I take it out of the microwave, the bowl hits my pinky and I drop it on the floor. Molli glady cleans up the mess and I wipe it up after she is done, thinking I got it all. Wrong, this picture explains it all.

Yes that is our ceiling, hahahaha! I didn't notice it until Linc went to bed. It just looked odd and at first I didn't know what it was. Then Craig said, I bet it was the jar food. He was right, when he wiped the mess it was still wet.

My lovely husband cleaning up the mess.

He had to get a ladder to reach it, our ceilings are tall. This did make my day a little better (I'm sure not Craig's since he had to clean it) because it was just so funny. You really have to check everywhere when you drop liquid.


Back to before we saw this, Linc was so tired that after I fed him food he wanted to go to bed. I put him down at 6pm! That is the earliest he has been down in a long time! Hopefully he will stay asleep, cross your fingers!
I am still looking forward to a great weekend filled with no plans! Aren't those the best, when you can just hang if you want of go out and do something if you choose! Well we are under a tornado watch, so I better sign off. Happy Weekend.

2 comments:

nbrawley said...

I LOVE Yucatan Taco Stand. It is SOOO delicios! Everyone at works goes to eat there and I cant get enough of their nachos and salads. YUM! Anyways, sorry to hear that Linc is giving you so much trouble. You will figure out what works for Linc over time. But don't be afraid to let Linc cry or wail it out in public evey now and then. I haven't had a weekend with no plans in FOREVER! Tell me how it goes. I am actually kind of jealous.

Jenn said...

I am totally feeling your pain right now! Boston has perfected the tantrum...big time! I guess they are at just the right age, grrr. Good luck! Let me know what works for you and vice versa:)