Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 1, Part 1, Stew Leonard's

Really this pictures are from day two, but I will call them day one since we did not get into Westport until 10:30 at night. If you really want to know, day one was not a day I wanted to take pictures of, haha! It was rough getting to Westport. We got to the airport only to find out our flight had been delayed. So we said, ok we can just get something better to eat. So we headed over to D terminal at DFW and ate at Blue Mesa. That is when the fun started because Linc decided he didn't want us to have chips and so he tossed half of them on the ground.

After lunch we find out it is delayed even more but luckily we found a play area for him to explore. There where all these other kids that come to find out were on our flight playing and they were so cute with Lincoln. They all just loved babies. We finally got on the plane after a 3 or 4 hour delay. Linc did take a nap, so the flight was not too bad. Most people thought he was so good.

When we got there we had to get our rental car to drive from NY to CT. We were suppose to get an SUV, but all they had left was vans. So Craig had to drive a van, and don't tell anyone, but he said it drove nice, haha! This coming from a man who said he would never own a van. We finally arrive at my Aunt's in Westport at 10:30. We put Linc down and talked with my family a bit before heading off to sleep ourselves.

Craig had to get up the next day and play golf at 7:00 am, and they are an hour ahead of us so that was 6am for him! I slept in until about 7:30, with no wakings from Linc. I was so confused, so I just headed downstairs and waited for him to wake up. Two hours later and he still was not up, so I went in to check on him and he was just waking up at 9:30! That is the latest he has ever slept. We aren't sure what caused it, but I sure liked not having to get up at 5am like normal.

After feeding Linc, I headed out for a little jog around my old trail. I say my old trail because I did a summer internship in NY City and stayed with my Aunt and use to run all around her house while I was here. I love running up here, all the trees give you so much fresh air. You don't even need your iPod because all the nature sounds make up a perfect running soundtrack, ok that was corny, but it is true!

As you know, I love to take tons of pictures, so here comes the picture portion of my post. After all the running and eating, we took Linc down to their basement to introduce him to all the toys he could play with. Some of his favorites are tennis balls, a plastic bag with air, a huge stuffed horse, and a yo-yo to name a few.






Zack and Linc were wearing the same kind of t-shirt, and not on purpose, so cute!

This picture is really cool. If you look close or blow up the picture, you will see tennis balls flying in the air. I got a couple of pictures like this because he kept launching two or three at a time! I have a little magician on my hands.

Linc, Terri and my mom. He took a while to warm up, so he was always squeezing out of peoples arms.

In search of a ball he threw I'm sure

Next we were off to Stew Leonard's for some last minute things for Marion's Graduation Party. This is the coolest grocery store I know. It is huge and it is set up like a maze where you have to go thru everything just to get to the checkout. They are mainly a huge dairy store, but the carry almost everything. They have talking animals and all kinds of stuff throughout the store. They even have live calfs and chicks outside the store for all the kids to see.
This is my motto, glad someone put it in writing!

"Ok, mom I am not impressed with the cokes, take me somewhere cool!"

"Nice try, but I want to see a real cow!"

Linc, my mom, me and Terri. I am still in my running clothes with no makeup on, yuck! The person taking the picture said, "you guys look related", well duh, we are!

The milk band.

Flipping cows, all over the store. Linc seemed to like these.

He is sorta impressed.

Finally, we took him out to see the real cows and chicks.

Calfs hanging out.

"All done mom, oh and thanks for the chocolate chip cookie I got everywhere."



It was a great day, but this was only the first half, part two is coming up!

No comments: