Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 2, The Beach

Day 2 in CT was a little more relaxed. We didn't have any plans or places to be at a certain time, so I drug Craig along on my morning jog and he also loved the air there. After a short discussion on what could happen if we took Linc on a boat, we decided we better come up with another idea for him. We chose to spend the morning at the beach, while my parents and Aunt and Uncle took out their boat.

This was Lincoln's first time in the sand or on the beach. Yes, we did go to San Diego with him, but he was too small to take in the water, so this is truly his first experience.

Disclaimer: My son looks like he is mad in all of these pictures, but he really had a good time! Just think of it as he had sun in his eyes, haha. Oh and there are tons of pictures, so be patient and enjoy!

Aunt T and Baby Linc stepping into the sand.

Hold my hand, I don't know what this is.

We love the whale, many pictures of the whale to come.








He started to pick up the sand and then put it in his hair like shampoo. He liked it so much, he did it over and over again.



Look mom, I am a whale.


We took a walk on the boardwalk by the beach and I always love looking at the beach houses. I never had my camera with me before, so I looked like a tourist by talking lots of pictures of the houses on the beach.


My favorite.



I think the sun was in everyone's eyes.

Walking down to the water for the first time.


First time Linc put his feet in ocean water.

Burr, it was freezing!

Yeah, I think we will play in the sand instead.

He found a big shovel and just loved it.


I love this picture, it shows endless possibilities.


What is cuter than a baby foot with sand on it.

There were actually quite a few people out there.



Ok, I'm done!


Linc had a super time at the beach and we all got very sandy.
The rest of the day went nice as well. The boys played another round of golf. My aunt and I ran up to H&M to get some cute clothes (I wish they had them in the south). Linc hung out with grandma and Zack. Then we all met back up for some real Chinese food! Yum, I love cold noodles, can't seem to find them in Texas.
We thought our trip out was hard, but it turns out the trip back was harder. We had another delay, but this time we waited until we had a better estimate. When we got there we had to check the car back in, check in our bags, go through a super long line of security only to get to the gate and be delayed again, haha! Luckily this time it was only 30 more minutes. We thought for sure he would take a nap again, but he decided he didn't need a nap this time. We found it is way harder with a toddler when they don't sleep. They just don't understand they have to sit still. The important thing is that we got home safely. Next time we go, we will stay more than two days! I just love it out there, if we could both find jobs, we would love to live out there.

2 comments:

April said...

Looks like little Linc had fun on the beach!

Amy G said...

He did, he did! He just loved all the sand. We even gave him a bath afterward and were still finding sand days later, haha!