Saturday, August 29, 2009

Eventful Days = Jacuzzi Nights

This day required the therapy of jacuzzi bath by the end of the day, but lets start at the beginning. Saturday is normally Craig's day to sleep in, but Linc had other plans this morning. He has had a slight stomach bug so we think that may be why his sleep was so bad last night. He woke up this morning at 4 am. Normally (b/c of the sleep training) we turn off the monitor (b/c you can still hear him cry with it off) and let him go back to sleep. Well 40 minutes later he was still going at it and I guess Craig wanted to see if he could help him back to sleep. Linc had other plans and decided he was just ready to be up for the day. I stayed in bed thinking a least one of us should get some sleep (remember it is 4:40 am by this time).

I am a pretty light sleepers so with all the racket he was making I finally got out of bed around 6:30 am. I then told Craig to head back to bed and I would take over from here. I sure did appreciate him letting me sleep so I wanted to return the favor. While Daddy slept, Linc and I went out for a morning run. I wanted the exercise and I thought it might induce a nap out of our little monkey. Forty minutes later he was still awake so I decide to take it back in and see if I could get a quick shower before Linc's first class. Of course Linc wanted to play in the car and on the wagon before heading in.

I finally got a shower with just enough time to wake Craig back up and tell him to get dressed before we had to head to the Little Gym at 9:15. We made it just on time for Linc's first class and I realized I had forgot my camera, dang! I really wanted to take pictures, especially since he had such a great time today. He was doing something he has not done before and that is telling anyone who was on an object he wanted to be on "No!" We tried to quickly correct that by telling him to say "Hi" instead to the other kids. I guess maybe he has picked that up from school or from us telling Molli no when she is after his stuff.

After Little Gym we headed over to Craig's parents. They were taking Linc for the day. We knew he was tired so we figured it would be a petty easy sit for them if he took a nap. Craig and I headed over to the Home and Garden show at the Fort Worth Convention center. It was a nice outing for just the two of us. We got lots of cards for potential landscapers. That is one of the project we want to start in the fall and have been looking for some reasonable prices since we have a big area to cover.

We finally got some lunch and a black forest cake before heading over to get Linc. Sidenote: I am obsessed with black forest cake! We got a great report from Craig's parents and then we were off to my parents house. Craig was going to the Cowboys game with my dad, brother, nephew and my brother's brother in law. I stayed at my moms for a while. We both soon realized that Linc was in search of the most dangerous thing in the house and decide we should take him to he park. He had a blast and I again forgot my camera. He loved the swing so much this time, I got some of the biggest grins out of him. He even did the slide by himself a few times.

After I dropped my mom off, I headed home to put Linc to bed. He decided he really wanted some black forest cake first. That cake is so messy that he got it everywhere. After he was down (which was quick b/c his day was long too) I had a lot of spaces to clean. It is amazing the places you will find food that toddlers eat. It was in one of my picture frames, how did it get there?

Once I cleaned and since I was sans Craig, I tried to think about what I wanted to do for the night. Nothing sounded better than a jacuzzi bath and a good book. Oh and it was great. I put the jets on and had bubbles to my eyes. It was so relaxing that I contemplated just going to bed afterwards. Instead I wrote this blog, haha! I guess I just can't stay away.
Blog Signature

1 comment:

nbrawley said...

A warm jacuzzi book sounds awesome! I need one soon. We need to catch up and go over our weekends. Sounds like you guys didn't have too much fun - with the stomach bug and all.