Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Walk in the Park

We had a pretty quiet Saturday for the Gabbard Family. Friday Linc came home with a horse voice and a slight fever. So on Saturday morning we headed to the doctor because he woke up with no voice, pretty pitiful little guy when he can't talk. The dr. said he just had a secondary infection from his running nose, I guess we let it go to long. She gave us some meds and sent us home saying no voice was fine and that he would get it back soon.

It was so humid today from the rain, but we really wanted to do something. I thought it would be a good idea to take a long walk at the Benbrook Trail. We packed up the jogging stroller and headed for the trail. I figured it would not be so bad because all of the shade. Well I was wrong, it was so humid that Craig and I were beading up sweat within the first 5 minutes and we were just walking!

I was determined to walk out my sore legs (yes they are still sore from Thursday's workout), so we kept moving. Here are some pictures of our walk today.

In that car waiting for me to get his stroller out.

Daddy and Linc on the second bridge. The trail has a lot of bridges that go over water (obviously), but I don't know what river it is or maybe it is a creek.

Checking out the water, about to chunk his cup!

Is it the Trinity?

Man, I was sweating by this point.

Waiting for Daddy, because he wanted to go up a trail and see where it went.

There he his, running to catch up with us.

The trail has a fenced in area at the end where there are a bunch of Longhorns, we truly live in the heart of Texas!

They are so pretty and there were so many of them right here in Benbrook.

I think we walked/ran a little over three miles today, but my legs are still hurting. I just hope that they are better by Tuesday, haha! When we were done, Craig wanted a Slurpee. I got a pina colada one and Linc practically drank the whole thing, good thing it was a small.
Blog Signature

1 comment:

Tori said...

I don't know how you guys stood it outside today. It was UNBELIEVABLY humid! We were so lazy today. I decided it was one of those days people tell me to "take advantage of before the baby comes." :)

Your workout sounds intense! Good luck with it!