Monday, August 3, 2009

From Mimi's to Rambo, a Typical Sunday

Last week was my sister-in-law's Birthday. So we took Ginger and Bob out to Mimi's for brunch on Sunday! I really love this place and was super pumped when she said she wanted to go there. I even skipped desert the night before because I knew I wanted something sweet when I got there. My normal Mimi's breakfast is a hot chocolate with whipped cream, half of Craig's muffin (b/c I never get one with my meal), a small juice and some kind of pancakes or french toast. Since I am trying to cut down on sugar, I just had the french toast and some of Craig's muffin, but it was still way good!



We have had and will have big milestones this year and it started with Linc turning 1. The next was Ginger turning 35 in July! My brother will also turn 35 and my dad will turn 55! So we have some big party planning ahead of us.



Here are Ginger and Bob after Mimi's. Linc was ready for a nap and so he would not stay still. He passed out as soon as we got in the car.



The rest of our Sunday was pretty chill. While Linc napped, I headed over to the Gap for Friends and Family day. Who can resist shopping when you can get 30% off, not me! I got a few good things, but they were mostly picked over since it was the last day of the event.



I don't remember why Craig got this out, but here is our little Rambo!



Linc was enjoying a mid afternoon snack of apple sauce when Craig tied his paintball bandanna around Linc's head. He was shaking his head and then it fell over his eyes so he took it off. I helped him get it back on.



Wolf den, this is lone wolf, do you read?

War is in your blood, don't fight it!



Yes, I had apple sauce, do you have a problem with that?



Ok, I will calm down.



What did you say? That's what I thought.



Hey, I was just kidding, give me my eye back.



He had fun playing in Craig's paintball stuff. It just cracks me up that Craig actually wears it and is serious, haha. Paintball is so crazy, but he loves it. I guess it is the one place you can wear tons of purple and still feel manly. I forgot to mention that Craig's whole uniform is bright purple, which a huge scull on it.


The rest of Sunday was pretty uneventful. We got out the new splash pad (because the old one busted) and the mister and played in the back yard for a while. After Linc went to sleep we started to smell something close to the smell when you first turn on the heater for the season. It turns out that our compressor was being overworked and that was the awful smell. Craig turned it down to 77 degrees last night and we woke up and it was 80 degrees. Looks like our air conditioner froze over again. It sure does suck that we have only lived in our house for 7 months and we have had the air people out 5 times. I just really hope we don't have to replace it, it is only 4 years old! Our air conditioner is in the attic, which is strange to me, does anyone else have theirs there? Do you have problems with it?



Blog Signature

No comments: