Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Man it's good to be home...

Boy am I glad to be home. I know I was only gone for one night, but it seemed like so much more when I didn't have my boys with me. I saw Lincoln Monday morning and then not again until Wednesday morning because my flight got in after his bedtime on Tuesday. That is the longest I have ever gone without seeing him, I don't want to do that again anytime soon.

Besides missing my boys, there were several other reasons I wanted to come home...

First off I was headed to McAllen, TX and I had never been there before. Our flight got delayed, which was not so bad since I wanted to catch up on some reading. It didn't start to get annoying until I was trying to get my rental car. I waited about 45 mins to get my car, I was literally the last person in the airport when I got it. I hate PT cruisers, and guess what I got an "Electric Blue" PT Cruiser! Awesome, right? Wrong, haha, I stuck out like a sore thumb. Now don't get me wrong, electric blue is a great color, just not on cars in my opinion.

The day before I had printed all the directions off to all the places I had to visit from Google Maps. Generally they are pretty reliable, but not this time. Every single map I printed out was wrong in some way. First when I tried to find the hotel I ended up in Hildalgo! I figured out it told me to go the opposite way I was suppose to go. I finally found it and the hotel was pretty nice. I had dinner there, because I didn't want to go find something in a strange town at 8pm. It was not the best food, but it was food and then I was off to read and bed.

I was determined to make the next day go by quick, so I woke early and headed to the gym for a run. The gym was nice, it had TVs on the machines and I got to watch Saved By The Bell! The hotel had a great breakfast, so after my omelet, I was off to my first stop. Good thing I ate well because it would be my last meal until I boarded the plane later that night.

My first stop was in La Feria, which is about 35 miles outside of where I was staying. The directions I had said to go west and I needed to go east, needless to say I was in La Joya before I knew I was going the wrong way. "Momquest" as I like to call her now, saved the day for me. She told me were to go and stayed on the phone with me until I got there, 15 minutes late, booo.

This inspection ran over so I had to leave to go to the next site without lunch. I know a lot of people skip meals, but not me, I turn to a green monster! So I started off heading the right way to my next site, but the directions told me to exit an exit that did not exist, I'm not making this up. You are probably saying that I should have ditched them by now, but it was all I had to go on. I finally found that place and we did that inspection in hour and 30 minutes!

I did scrap the directions to get back to the airport, I got there fine by memory. I finally got a bag of gargettos and downed the whole thing, mmm! I got home last night about 8:30 and was ready for bed! Boy was that a long day. I was so looking forward to seeing my little Linc in the morning. I even took him to school and picked him up.

When we got home I was planning to make dinner and thought it would be a good idea for him to help. We have this stool that reaches to the counter and I got out some pots and cups for him to pretend to be like me. It was funny because he wanted to do everything I did. He got out spices and added water and stirred it all together. Maybe we have a future chef on our hands, that would be great!

Also at school that taught him to say "cheese" when they are taking a picture. This is him showing me his new skill!

Yes he is wearing an apron, he wanted to put it on since I had one on. I only have girly ones, but he didn't seem to mind.

Time to add the water.

Stir it up.

Now I got to test it to see if it is right, just like the real chefs.

It might need a little extra mustard seed.

Would you like to try?

I know this picture is blurry, but it is cute and he was trying to take the camera from me.

Success, he got the camera and actually took this picture by himself!

Daddy took it back, we don't want to break another one.

He still wants to get the camera back and won't give me a hug.


After dinner he wanted to clean up.

Cheese!

Blog Signature

3 comments:

nbrawley said...

The first picture of Linc smiling BIG is so cute! You need to come over and copy those pictures from the other weekend.

The Jungs said...

Sounds like someone needs to buy you a GPS!!! :)

Amy G said...

Seriously! We had one and then it got miss placed and we have to gotten a new one. But yes, I do need one because I am super bad with my sense of direction.