Sunday, August 9, 2009

Playdates and Cake

Friday was my off day and Linc and I spent the morning playing with Asher and Maricarol at our house. They live around the corner from us, so we just got together after our morning walks. The boys played nice together and Maricarol and I got to know each other better. We had a great time eating watermelon and letting the boys run around the house. We hope to do it again soon.

Here are Lincoln and Asher on his gym.



Later that afternoon we met up with Jenny (my other great friend that I have known since childhood) and her two boys. We headed up to the mall and let the boys play in the indoor play area they have. They all seemed to enjoy themselves and it was great to catch up with Jenny. I didn't take my camera, so no pictures, sorry!
Saturday was great, but I will have to talk about that on another day.
Sunday we all headed over to my parents house for a little welcome party for Paula. Like I said before she has been in Iraq for quite a while and is on leave. My parents invited my grandparents and my brother and sister-in-law over to join. We had yummy bbq from Spring Creek (love their rolls) and then red velvet cake for dessert!

When we decided it was time to cut the cake, Linc climbed up in the chair ready for a piece. He was so excited and anxious for a slice of cake, it was so funny. For a bit he just sat there patiently, but then he could wait no long. Watch as the cake frenzy unfolds.

He sees the cake, but stays put.
He can't wait for someone to cut it, he has to stick a finger in and see what this goodness tastes like.

He won't even let Paula have a taste, he licks her finger too!

My mom wanted her to pick up the cake for a camera shot, and he was protesting.

My mom and Paula with the yummy cake. Ok, now I can't wait anymore, lets cut into this sucker.

What if I say please, will that get me a piece?

He finally gets a piece. Now why could he not be this excited for his birthday cake, haha!


Yum, that is some good sugar!


Now he is starting to just shove it into his mouth and it is getting everywhere. Up until this point he was pretty clean.

He sure did enjoy that, now lets add some ice cream and see what kind of mess he makes.

After the ice cream he literally had cake and ice cream from head to toe. I had to wipe him down several time as well as the chair. Before we left for the day he saw the cake again and tried to climb up there and get some more. I think he takes after me in the sweets department! Looks like I will have to start sharing my desserts now, oh no!
Here is my mom and Grandma after the party.

My grandpa and Linc playing with his hat.

My grandpa tried to wear it, but Linc knew it was his, haha!

It was great to see you Grandma and Grandpa!

Linc was so worn out after the party, he fell asleep on the car ride home (which is only 5 minutes). I think he just had too much fun swimming, eating mac and cheese, playing with his aunt, uncle and great grandparents and then eating tons of cake. He was out from 5 until 7pm. He did wake up, but we just gave him something to eat and he went back down at 8pm. Hope he stays asleep tonight, it was a weird day as far as naps go for him. Have a great week!

Blog Signature

No comments: