Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekend Whirlwind

My week and weekend were full of multitasking activities! Both of my two best grade school friends where in town and we had lots of catching up to do. I had not seen either of them in so long, so a lot of my week was spent finding time where I could see them. This continued into the weekend and thus today I was one tired girl.

Paula came by to visit and play with baby Linc. They had a good time having snacks and laughing together.

Teeth! Linc's vocab in the past few weeks has grown a lot. A lot of things that we say now he will repeat and we are so surprised to hear him say it. It is such a huge difference.

Now that is a smile!

Mmm, cookies!

Craig went to the Ranger's game Friday night, so I went to hang out with Jenny. We took the kids to Chick'fila and the kids played on the playground. We had a good time catching up and the boys had fun playing together.
Saturday morning Paula and I went for a run at the Benbrook Trail. I was trying to squeeze in as much face time with each of them as I could. After our run I ran home to change and head out to Niki's grandparents lake house with Craig and Linc. As soon as we got there we all changed into our suits and headed down to the water. Linc enjoyed the cool water and floating in his float. He also really wanted to see Avery. The were on opposite nap schedules, so they didn't get to hang too much.
Here they kids are walking up to Niki.

It was super hot out, so Avery decided to take a break and have some water.

Linc wanted that water, haha!

Philip and Craig throwing the ball around. Later we all tried to throw it around but Niki and I decided that softball was not our sport, haha!


Levi with his buds Caden and Parker in the hot tub. They were having a blast (b/c it was really a cool tub).
Getting a sun tan with Mom.

Launching Levi!

Later in the afternoon I headed back to my house to get ready for Jenny's brother's wedding reception. I swung by to pick up Paula and we headed over to the Strain's for the reception. It was so great to see Jenny and Paula one more time before the both headed back home (New Mexico and Iraq). It will be a while before I get to see them again.
Here is Jenny! The reception was for her brother Wyatt. I am hoping to see Jenny again soon, maybe in January when she has her baby!

Jack, Jenny's dad and the person the married Craig and I. He is an artist and such a great person.

This is Wells, Jenny's youngest boy. He is super shy, but so cute!

Some of the yummy cakes at the reception. They also had 3 black forest cakes which is now my new favorite cake!

Here is the happy new couple, Wyatt and Jourdan. This is their second reception, the first one was in California. Isn't it great that she got to use her dress twice!


Yummy fruit bouquet

This was the coolest drink fountain I have ever seen!

This is Niki's dad and he was helping keep the party rolling. We all ended up helping make the party great in some way. Niki helped replenish the food and wash dishes. Paula and I were in charge of making some of the entrees and washing dishes. It ended up being a lot of fun because I got to talk to a lot of the guests at the party!

I miss you already Paula, I hope you are safe when you get back to Iraq.

Niki and I look like lobsters. We got fried during the day, it still hurts. I hate having fair skin.

After the reception, I headed back to Niki's grandparents lake house to meet back up with everyone. We had a fun night of games and hanging out in the hot tub (this time it was really hot). We stayed up pretty late (at least by my standards) and we were pretty much tired all day today. Talking about maxing out your weekend, we sure did that! It was all worth it though and I can't wait to do it again!

Blog Signature

2 comments:

Tori said...

Wow! I'm tired just reading about your weekend! It all sounds like so much fun, though. We are getting ready to go to Florida for a week with the Hutyras, and I can't wait to get away and spend some time with my fair, white toes in the sand!

nbrawley said...

I look soo burnt in these photos. I know I was red...but seriously! Thank goodness it turned to a tan the next day. We are so glad you guys came out to the lake with us. It was a blast!!!