Wednesday, August 12, 2009

3 Years and Counting

3 years ago today, Craig and I officially tied the knot, but our story started long before that.

Craig and I met our senior year of high school where we were both office aids. This would turn out to be the best class I had that year. We had our first date at Chuck ' E ' Cheese where my nephew had a blast and Craig and I got to know each other over pizza. He finally asked me to be his girlfriend on February 3rd, 2001. From that day on we have always said 3 would be our lucky number, so I bet good things will come from this anniversary!

We continued to date through college and through our first jobs. Craig proposed on my 23 birthday with a fun scavenger hunt that ending in him proposing on the bathroom floor! It was a really fun, super romantic and unforgettable proposal!

We had a wonderful 9 month engagement. I loved doing all the fun planning things like tasting cake and getting pictures taken. But of course it was not all flowers and chocolate doves, planning a wedding is stressful!




All the plans were made, now it was time to enjoy the fruits of our labor, or in this case the wonderful prime rib. Our rehearsal dinner was great and we were pumped for the wedding day!

We finally made it to our wedding day! I was so excited to see my man in a tux because he wears it will. We were all ready to get the show on the road when the rain showed up! Oh and did I mention we had planned for an outdoor wedding? Once we all got our act together I finally got to see my man in waiting. We exchanged vows (inside) and had a beautiful ceremony.

Here are our new shinny rings to show that we are now man and wife!

We were so ready to party and celebrate our new life together!

This is my favorite picture of us as man and wife!


Craig normally doesn't understand my obsession with sugar, but this night he loved the cake just as much as me!

What a wonderful wedding, off to the honeymoon!

Here we are 3 years later and as happy as ever. This year we decided to celebrate our anniversary at the new Omni hotel in Fort Worth. We have wanted to stay here since it opened. I know it seems silly to stay in a hotel when you live in the same city, but when you have kids this is almost like a mini honeymoon. We even ate at the famous Bob's Chop and Steakhouse. It was great! Craig had a 16 oz filet, it was huge and super yummy! It was a great short getaway and Lincoln had a great time staying at his grandparents.

Here is our room, it was done in a Cowtown theme, well the whole hotel was.

I love you so much Craig. You have brought so much joy and life into my world and I don't know what I would do without you. Happy Anniversary!



Blog Signature

1 comment:

Tori said...

What a sweet post of memories! Love it!