Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Camelbak Fasion Statement

This week for bootcamp I decided that I would start taking my camelbak. Last Thursday proved that is was hard for me to run without my hands free. I think it is because of the way my soccer coach taught me to run when I was in highschool. He said to always have your hands free and relaxed (maybe even rub your fingers together) so that you are not wasting energy or tightening your upper body muscles while running. I could really tell that I was tighten up so I would not drop my water bottle last week.

So on Tuesday I had Craig find it and fill it with water. I put it on just to make sure it was strapped right before I headed off and Lincoln was really curious as to what this thing was I was sucking on. So I let him have a try and he loved it!!! He was so amazed with it I almost had to leave it at home with him because he was throwing a fit when I took it away. Somehow we bribed it away from him and I was able to get out the door. The camelbak proved to be very useful. The funny thing is that I was not the only one with the idea in our bootcamp class, it seems almost everyone had the same idea and they too showed up with them.

Anyway, so this morning I was on my own taking Linc to school (Craig was on a business trip) and Linc saw the camelbak. I was really trying to get us out the door, but he was about to throw another fit, so I let him try to drink out of it while I put my stuff in the car. When I came back in, this is what I saw him doing.

He had pulled it off from the counter and was dragging it around.
Then he was trying to put it on by himself.


"Hmm, I wonder how I get it on?"

That's a good start buddy, but it is backwards. Let me help you...

Alright, we got it on. The pack actually fits him really well, it is like a mini back pack.

"Yes, I make this camelbak fashionable, don't be jealous."



He was a thirsty little man. If you are having trouble getting your child to drink water, this is the solution. I think they find it so fun that they will drink whatever is in it.


Well, I am off to another bootcamp! I hope to keep seeing results, I have already lost about 2-3 lbs, depending on what scale I am on. I just have to keep up the workouts and continue to keep my sugar consumption to a minimum.

Blog Signature

1 comment:

Caroljaneshom said...

Hi, was looking at childrens rooms via Kellys Korner and saw your dog Molli - is Molli a Papillon? We have one too. A georgeous boy called Benji. www.caroljaneshome.blogspot.com - under Pets