Monday, May 4, 2009

Super Weekend

This weekend was busy to say the least. We are all still recuperating. It all started with a playdate on Friday for Lincoln. Linc and I meet up with Owen and Natalie who is a girl I went to high school with. Her son is 17months old and super cute. She wanted us to come to her house because she said she had lots of toys and boy she was not kidding. I don't think Linc even noticed there was another kid there for like an hour, he was in toy heaven! They did seem to have fun together, playing golf and eating each others snacks. Linc did smack Owen because I was giving Owen attention, so that was strange. He has never hit before, at least not that I have seen, and then for the rest of the weekend he was just hitting anyone and anything. We are going to have to work on that now. It just seems like once you have one thing under control, something new pops up that you have to tackle, but that's ok. We ended the night with a nice dinner with my parents at Joe T's.

Saturday was Avery's 1st Birthday party! It was a lot of fun and decorated very cute. All the stuff was homemade, even the cakes. Philip (Niki's Husband) made super yummy sugar cookies and I ate like 10 before I left the party! This is the look Linc was giving me the whole party. I think he has become shy over the past month and wants me to pick him up when we are around people he does not know.

Here is the birthday girl. Her eyes look so blue in this picture. What a pretty girl with her tutu!

Below is a picture of the spread. There was iced sugar cookies for the adults. Iced cakes with the first initial of each child's names on them. There were yummy homemade tarts and a homemade edible fruit bouquet. It was all so good, especially the cookies. Linc ate like 5 strawberries, which is a lot for him.
This was before presents, he already wanted to go down for a nap. He is rolling around on the couch next Boston and Jennifer (Boston's Mom). She is one of Niki's old friends and has a son that is 3 weeks older than Linc.

You can see the cakes with the initials below, they were very cute. Linc would not eat his, but all the others enjoyed them a lot.

Avery really liked her cake. Here you can see her go after the cake. She realized the fork was not cutting it so she threw it down and just pulled the cake to her mouth. She was getting in no matter what. She has a sweet tooth just like her Mama.

Here are the kids at the table with Avery. Linc is pouting again, haha! Someone always has to cry at the party, right?

Here is Niki and I with our children.

Linc got Avery bloomers and a hooded towel with her name embroidered on them. Tori from Freckled Pink made them for us. They turned out really cute.

There is Linc and Daddy, he did get a wave out of him.


We headed back over to Niki and Philips around 6 for a game night. Everyone was super tired, including the adults, but we still had a lot of fun. I am so proud of Linc because he went down in Avery's pack-n-play in 30 secs flat and didn't make a sound all night. We were even able to transport him to the carseat and then his bed without him waking up. He woke up at 6am the next morning, which is late for him. Overall it was a great Saturday. Happy Birthday Avery! Below is a picture of the kids all sharing their sippy cups. Avery has Linc's and Linc has Avery's. Levi just wanted to hang with the babes. They all look really tired.


Sunday we had to take Linc to the doctor because he still had a fever and now it was 103! We were thinking he had a sinus infection because of his extra runny nose, but she said it was an ear infection. They said that might happen if he kept getting a fever when we went in last Monday. Now he is on amoxicillian and loves the stuff. We gave him some last night and he asked for more, haha. Now I am not feeling too great and think I am the one with the sinus infection, but I will just have to tough it out. Linc has not weaned himself yet so I really can't take anything a doctor would give for that. Plus I really don't want to wait in a doctors office for hours since everyone is going to the doctor these days.

Just to reflect on my last post, today was strange going to work sans pump. I kept feeling like I was forgetting something the whole way to work. All I had today was my purse and gym bag. I will have to get use to how light my load is now. Today when I left all I had was my purse and it felt pretty nice. It is really sad to close that chapter in my life, but I am ready for the new freedom that it holds.

3 comments:

nbrawley said...

I stole Avery's picture for my blog! I LOVE that picture of her!!!

Jenn said...

Let's get the boys together soon!!

Jenn said...

Hey Amy-
Yes, I know Natalie:) We do want to get together soon, but unfortunatley I am still in school until June 5, boo! Let's plan a playdate after that? We will be looking forward to it:)