Friday, May 29, 2009

Show Us Where You Live

I have been an observer of Kelly's Korner for some time now. Recently she started a blog carnival to showcase people's houses. Since we just moved into our house, oh 6 months ago (ok, so we didn't just move in, but you know how long it takes to get your house the way you want) today's showcase was the first one I wanted to participate in. Today she is doing nurseries and that is the one room in our house that I really like the decor in. So here is our nursery.

Say hello to Lincoln, oh and Molli, he would like to welcome you to his pad.

After you walk down the back hallway, you are welcomed by this sign on his door. We have wood floors in all areas except the bedroom, so we mean what we say. Tip toe if you can, haha! He is much better with sound now, but I think that is because of the white noise machine we have and the enya that plays when he sleeps. Plus, must I say it again, 3 day sleep training!

Lincoln's room in a jungle theme, so we have all kinds of jungle animals and print in his room. This is the wall when you open the door, we hung his quilt here. This wall is special to me because in the right box sits a picture of my grandpa Hank and Linc. My grandpa Hank passed away in February of this year and I am so glad Linc got to meet him before he moved on.

We love his furniture because it reminds us of our honeymoon. It is very beachy, well at least the crib is with the wicker background. The furniture is Munire and they have wonderful stuff. Not a lot of places carry it. We went to St. Lucia and most of the furniture in our hotel looked like this. That was our first idea when thinking of a theme for his room, to do beach. I am glad we did jungle though because it suits Linc to a T.

Here is his changing table and I just love the Lion King so I got this word art done for his room.

Here is his closet door. He really is a baby gone wild, we got this at the same place we got our furniture, Lone Star Baby and Kids.

His favorite horsey, he rides it everynight before he is off to slumber land.

He is were Lincoln lays his head, well that was until he learned how to jump out. Now he sleeps in his pack n play in his room and will until we decide to convert his crib to a toddler bed. I got the blanket made from myubby.com, and it is super soft. He sleeps on it in his pack n play. My sister-in-law, Ginger, made the G for my baby shower. We were not reveling his name yet, so everything had to be baby G.

All baby rooms have to have their name in hanging letters, right! Craig did think them a little girly since they have cheetah print bows, haha. These pictures are of my maternity shoot and then of Linc at 6 months old.

Of all the pictures I took of his room, I forgot to take pictures of his rug. So I had to dig up some old ones I took. Here is Linc on his rug at 9 months. We got it at PB Teen and it fits in perfect with his room.

Here is another one of the front of the rug and Linc at a year, he is throwing a fit here, haha.

Anyway, this is Linc's room. We really love it and I think Linc does as well. When we moved into the house all the walls were painted, so we did not paint this time. His old room was a lime green and really went well with the decor.

Now it is your turn to show us yours. I hope you all have a great weekend.

10 comments:

The Baby Cove said...

Very cute! I like the animals on the wall!

asplashofsunshine said...

Just being nosey from Kelly's Korner. LOVE THE SIGN, "Be Quiet or Babysit"! I'm gonna make one for the kids doors, the front door, and maybe even the car. :)

Grasso10 said...

First of all, Lincoln is ADORABLE and I love his name!!

I agree, the sign on the door is too cute, and very unique! Lincoln has a fantastic room!

Thanks for sharing!

-Brooke

Blessed Beyond said...

The room is great! I love the rug! It does work perfectly!

Tiffany said...

I love the name Lincoln, that's what we were going to use if we had a boy. What is his middle name?

~Amy Rose said...

I LOVE the sign on his door....too cute! Lincoln's room is adorable just like he is!! Great job!!!

Blessings...
Amy

Shawndi84 said...

Ha! Nevermind the comment I wrote on facebook about your blog! I was reading that message you wrote from my phone earlier and didn't realize that you had wrote that ON my blog.. yeah, you're probably thinking what an airhead!!! Anyway.. VERY CUTE pictures! Love the nursery!

Tiffany said...

Thanks. Yes we are from west Texas but live in San antonio. My husband is an aggie. I love the Lincoln log idea, that is really cute!

Tara G. said...

Oh what a fun rug!!

Courtney said...

Great room. The rug is too fun!