Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hardly A Wordless Wednesday

We had a super packed weekend, I have just now recovered after going to bed at 9 last night! Saturday, Niki and I decided to head out with Avery and Linc on a little shopping trip while the boys hit balls. We hit up McKinley's for lunch, a very active lunch for me. Linc would not stay in his chair and climbed over me at least 5 times and kept throwing his food. But the food was so good I did not care, plus I am use to it. I don't know what I will do when I can sit through a whole meal and not have to get up or scarf my food down in 2 mins flat, haha.

After food we went to the Barnes n Nobles to look at some books. The kids had fun grabbing everything we passed by in the wagon. Niki suggested we go to Half Price books because I had never been there. It was pretty great, I got like 7 books for under 20 dollars and Linc loves them all. It was also a great place for the kids because they just sat and looked at all the books.

The last stop of the day was at Target, the new one by Ridgmar mall. They had these cool shopping carts that we had never seen before. Since we had two kids, we decided to try out the twin cart. The cart's seats looked like roller coaster seats, so Niki decided to go real fast and see if they liked it.

They were unimpressed, but it made for some good pictures. I think by the time we were at target they were both ready for naps.

Avery giving here princess look and Linc lovin it!

Come on mom, more pictures? It looks like a roller coaster seat, right?

Kiss Kiss!
Saturday night we headed over to Lara and James' house for some dinner. Her sister and brother in law came as well. We brought Linc with us and put him down in their spare room and he did great. He went down fast and didn't wake up the whole night. It was nice to eat a dinner were I was not running after Linc. They made fish and it was great. They also got a super cute new puppy named Toshi and we got to play with him. We didn't get home until 12:30 and Linc woke up super early the next day, so we were pretty pooped all day Sunday.
Sunday was a lazy day, but Linc did decide he wanted to sit in the big boy chair. Got up there all by himself.
He wanted to be just like Daddy. Since daddy had shoes on, Linc had to put his on too.
Yay for smiles, that is a pretty good one in my book.

Finally we had a great Memorial Day. Niki and Philip invited us to go to Burger's Lake with them. This was the first time this summer we got in the water. And really Linc's first experience that he remembers in the water, although he has been in before. Here is Linc in his new swim clothes. He was all decked out with a tank top, swim hat, swim trunks (that were too big, haha), swim diaper, and swim shoes. All he needed was floaties or goggles.

Here he is reminding me to put sun tan lotion on him, good thing it was like the first day of summer and super hot.

Mom, I am ready, get up already!

Here you can see the rest of his outfit.

It was a fun day. Linc took a while to warm up to the water in more ways than one. First it was super cold and second I think he was a little confused about the water. He was like, "why is the water cold and why do I still have my clothes on. I think I normally have my clothes off and my ducky in the bath." Avery on the other hand seemed to really love the water and adjusted right away. Linc finally got use to it and played with Levi in the sand. We packed it up there and then headed over to my parents for burgers. Linc was so tired that he passed out in the car and didn't wake up for 2 hours! We were worried because he woke up at 7:30 and that is his normal bed time, but he went back down easy and stayed asleep, can I say another thank you to 3 day sleep! Man has it given me a new outlook on life, haha, not really, but I do have much better rest. Although no amount or rest made me ready to go to work on Tuesday, but hey, what are you gonna do, right. Hopefully we can catch up this weekend, at least I will, haha!

No comments: