Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hair always grows back, right?

Another long weekend, I love having every other Friday off! This Friday we were going to have another playdate with Owen, but his mom got sick so Linc and I just hung out together instead. Craig had a golf date on Friday with Philip (Avery's dad) and James (Lara's Husband from the wedding post). So Linc and I took the opportunity to take a really long nap together and just relax for the afternoon.

Of course this was all after I decided to get crazy and cut...

wait for it....

that's right, 10 inches off my hair!

Wow, it looks different, right?

I have only had my hair short a few times in my life. The most recent time was right before our honeymoon. This is a little shorter than my honeymoon hair, but I really like it, at least so far. I do miss my long hair, but I think this will be easier to handle.
After our long nap on Friday, this arrived!

It is Linc's very own chair from Pottery Barn Kids. It is so cute, and has his name on it.

Being the dare devil that he is, he decided he wanted to sit in the chair any way but the right way. This resulted in him meeting the floor with his face two times in the first 30 mins of having it, he is just crazy! After those two incidents, he decided he just wanted to sit the right way with his blankey and juice. I'm sure this caution won't last long, but we are enjoying it for now.
The rest of the weekend was nice. I went for a run in the rain on Saturday. I love running in the rain, I use to do it all the time when I was staying with my aunt in Connecticut one summer. I just love how the air smells so clean and how the rain hits your face. Craig thinks I am crazy, but I say don't knock it until you try it. Later that day I went to a Jewelry show with Niki (Avery's mom) and then we went out to a movie with our husbands and no kids!!! I have not seen a movie since Twilight, which was many months ago, so I was super excited. We saw Angels and Demons and I really liked it, very suspenseful.
Linc's school wants him to stop eating jar food since he will be going to the toddler program soon. Since he is a really picky eater, I am having a hard time finding things to make him for school. If you have any suggestions, please send them my way. Today I made homemade cheese lasagna and homemade mac and cheese. I made enough for two weeks, but I don't know what I am going to do after that is gone, haha. I think he will get tired of that soon. Hope you all had a great weekend as well.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Love, love, love your haircut! You are one of those people that look great with long or short hair, lucky! The new cut will be great for summer:) I also love Linc's new chair! Boston has the same one, but I love the green color! Too cute. Also, do you have the cookbook Deceptively Delicious? If not you should get a copy because it has a lot of great recipes to "fool" your picky eater. I try and feed Boston as much natural and organic foods as I can, too. Does Lincoln like hotdogs? If so, the turkey dogs are delicious and don't have all the grease. I will think of some other things I feed B and e-mail them to you...