Sunday, May 31, 2009

Running On Empty (After This Weekend)

Most of the time my blog has been about Lincoln and his many adventures. Tonight I want to do a little spotlight on my husband Craig. Craig and I met back in high school and right away I could tell he was a true guys guy. He loved to do all things outdoors and had 3 monster trucks (at the same time, while in high school). When he got out of high school, he picked up more grown up hobbies like golf and occasionally hiking. But I think he found his true love when he started playing paintball. If you meet Craig, you might think he is quiet, but really I like to think that his mind is always on strategies. All the games he plays on the PlayStation have some kind of role and strategy needed to play the game. I think he was first introduced to paintball by Philip (Avery's dad) back when they were working together. From there Craig took it to the next level and joined a team. I think over the years he has had more than 10 guns! He was so good that he was asked to join a semi pro team that plays in tournaments around Texas. This weekend was one of those tournaments, this time in Houston.

Linc has started to become really attached to his daddy. Friday I had to work, so Craig got to spend all morning with Linc before he went off to play golf. Craig said he was not fussy the whole time he was with him, which is the opposite of how he acts with me in the morning. This was Saturday morning when Craig was heading off to Houston. He kept reaching for his daddy, not wanting him to leave.

I feel the same way when he leaves, but I think Linc shows it better. It is hard to be without Craig even for a few days, and now Linc is realizing it as well. I just really love to be with my husband, even if we are just sitting together, and we can't wait for him to get home.


After Craig was off, I decided to meet Niki and Avery at the gym. This was the first time Linc had been to the Y and to the daycare, but he seemed to do great. It was nice to get a workout in on Saturday morning, I didn't feel rushed like I do on the weekdays. After a great lunch, I was off to get ready for a playdate.
Saturday afternoon Natalie and Owen came over to our house for a playdate. They really seem to like playing with each other. This time I think they noticed each other too! After a short tour of the house, Natalie and I chatted while the boys played. Natalie just found out she will be expected #2 in January, so we had lots to catch up on. I think she might be having a girl, all her symptoms are different than when she was pregnant with Owen.

In between our chatter, I was having to get Linc from doing some stunt he wanted to perform. This is one where he wanted to flip the chair again.

The boys then took turns pushing each other in the radio flyer car. That was a lot of fun. This was in between Linc climbing on the table and me going to pull him down. It seems so natural for him to do this now, but Natalie was so shocked that he was getting up their by himself, and doing it like 5 times.

They played outside a bit, it was such a nice day. When they got back in they all wanted something to drink. Owen saw Natalie's drink and wanted a cup with a straw. It is so funny how when one child wants one thing, then the other wants the same thing. This is the case with the sippy straw cup. Linc never likes to use them, but when I got Owen one, Linc all the sudden wanted to drink out of it.

Owen was nice and shared with Lincoln.

Before the boys said goodbye for the day, they had to take one more spin on the cars/bikes! I think the day was a success. After they left, Linc went down for a 1 hour nap within 5 mins of them leaving, he was pooped. They play so well together, I can't wait to get together again.

I was pooped too from the day, so I just made myself some lasagna and curled up to watch a movie.
Sunday started out rough, Linc woke up at 3:30 and was crying really hard. Since we are sticking to the sleep training, I decided not to go in there right away. 45 mins later, he was still crying and now it was harder. So I decided to go get him about 4:20 and when I picked him up his head felt hot, but I did not check his temp at this time. I figured that was what was bothering him, but I was out of meds. I fed him and we went back to sleep and woke at 6 and then again at 7 for good. When I changed his diaper, he had a temp of 102.2. The strange thing is he had no other symptoms, so I was not sure what was going on. I went and got him some medicine and his temp went down to about 99. After a nap, he started to feel normal, since I didn't want to be cooped up in the house all day, we decided to go over to my parents about 4pm for Linc's first swim in my parents pool for the summer. I love these trunks, Linc got them from Jen for his birthday and the fit pretty good, which is great because his clothes are always big!

Linc and I after a dip in the pool. The water was pretty cold, but after a few seconds it felt fine.

My nephew Ryan was over for a swim and Linc was just watching everything he did. He loves his cousin Ryan.

As always, having to work for a good smile, haha!

Finally!
He loves his little floaty. When I took him out, he tried to get back in by himself. I think it gives him freedom, which he loves, plus he can kick his feet.

All the boys (Ryan's friends) talking to Linc. He just loves watching the big boys have fun.

Getting a ride from Ryan.

Look at the difference between the grandchildren. Ryan is the first grandchild from my brother and sister-in-law at 13 and then Linc at 15 months. There might be a huge gap, but they really seem to love each other!

After all that swimming, I need a drink. How about some chocolate milk?

We had a lot of fun, but I guess Linc was not really well. You see, Linc often gets a fever for no apparent reason, so I never know when he is really sick or not. We have never received a good answer as to why this might happen. Have any of you had a child that had unexplained fevers? So when we got home tonight, he started to feel warm again, and so I checked his temp and it had gone back up to 102. I gave him more meds and put him to bed. I hope that he is not starting to get sick again, I feel like we just got over the last cold.
Oh and I accomplished all these activities while Craig was away. Needless to say, I am ready for him to come home, not only because I miss him, but because I need a break! Have a great week.

No comments: