Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

This weekend started out much like last weekend (without the play date) on Friday. We headed over to Joe T's for dinner. This time we met up with my friend Jennifer, the newly weds Lara and James (fresh back from their honeymoon) and Adrian and Matt. It was super hot and muggy, but dinner was good as always. We got there around 6, which is close to Linc's bedtime, so he fell asleep in the car. He didn't even wake up when we got him out of the car, haha. He was just a sack of potatoes. Craig had to carry him in like this.

He slept like that for about 15 mins, then below you can see he popped up and reached for me.


Saturday we headed to the zoo. I think I mentioned that we have a season pass, well our friends Tony and Emily also have one so we met up with them at the zoo. It was the perfect day for the zoo b/c it was overcast and cool. I was so happy to have Craig with me this time. I really need his help if we want to stay longer than an hour, he just gets so restless. Here is Linc and Daddy with the monkeys.

Here is Tony with his son, Sam. He was being shy for the camera. It will be so exciting when Linc is that age, he had so many cute things to say about the animals. He also knew what he wanted to see, which was really fun.

Since I take most of the pictures, it is rare to see me in any.

Monkey on a rope. Linc has been demonstrating this trick a lot lately, haha!

See what I mean about restless, here is Craig chase after the escaped Lincoln LOG.

He climbed up on this bench all by himself and was shaking around the leaf he found.


Here are the boys checking each other out. Ollie is a few months older and I can already see how much different they can be in those few months, I can't wait!

There was a parrot exhibit and Craig got up close with this bird, it was after him, haha.

Linc and I went inside and fed the parrots and he kept trying to grab the birds. He is actually starting to notice the animals at the zoo now, which is so fun. He was really fascinated with the swan and the flamingos.

Loving on daddy's hat.
Lincoln's first carousel ride. He was scared at first, but then he started to enjoy it. I even got on one of the horses at the beginning.


Here is Emily, Ollie and Sam enjoying a ride.

We all had a fun day at the zoo. The weather was perfect, the kids had a blast and we all took a nap when we got home. It was a successful day. Craig and I just hung at home that night, we had enough excitement for one day! I can't wait to go again, glad we have a season pass.


Mother's Day was great. Craig and Lincoln went to Cracker Barrel and got me my favorite, apple pancakes and bacon. It was super yummy. I even got to sleep in until 7:45, which is late for me! After breakfast, Linc went down for a short nap and then it was over to my parents house. We had bbq chicken, mac and baked beans. My grandparents, brother and nephew where all there. They also made homemade ice cream, and it was tasty with the red velvet cake my dad got. It was a nice day outside, so we spent most of the afternoon on the patio. Below my brother is tickling Lincoln and he is having a blast.
Linc wanted to help put the bbq sauce on the chicken. He sure loves his uncle.

He found two basketballs, oh fun!

Yay for Mother's Day. I love you little Lincoln, you have made being a mother all that I dreamed it would be and more. I love waking up to your smiling face each night and snuggling up with you when you are sleepy. You make me laugh all the time when I am around you and even when I am not. I thank the lord for bringing you into my life, you have made it a dream that I never want to wake up from. Although Mother's Day is only celebrated once a year, I feel how much you love me everyday and that is better than any gift you could give me. I love you Lincoln LOG.

This is the cute card Linc made for me at school for Mother's Day. It is very cute and sweet. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments: