Monday, April 20, 2009

A Young Wedding & Sleep Update

The Gonzalez-Young Wedding was a success! It was the most beautiful wedding I had ever been to or been in. As I mentioned before I was a bridesmaid, as you can see below, I am walking down the aisle. We spent the morning in Lara's Honeymoon suite getting ready. We all had our hair done and then just hung out with Lara on her big day. Craig and Linc were on their own Saturday, and I think they had fun. Craig wore him out so much that he just crashed on the floor for a nap at 4pm.
Miss Lara Gonzalez, soon to be Mrs. Young. She wore a beautiful lace Vera Wang dress. The ceremony was held at St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church in Dallas. The church was huge and so petty.
Our flowers were super petty and very fragrant. I forgot to take mine home though, dang!The newlyweds first dance. The reception took place at The Crescent Hotel in Dallas. It was set up in all her colors, purple and gold.
My big sis came, Sadie Corrie, I have not seen her in such a long time. She moved to Austin when she got married.
Here is Sara and I, she is another bridesmaid. She is also in our sorority and a super sweet girl.
They had a cigar rolling bar, and Craig go a cigar after much protest from me, gross. Anyway, I had to document the moment.
Then it was time to cut the cake, and it was sooo good. I ate my plate, Craig's plate and part of Katy's plate, haha! I love cake and they were very pretty too.
The night finally came to a close with a Zeta Tradition. Here we are showing our Zeta symbol, the crown. It was a super fun night. Craig and I didn't get home until 1:20, which is really late for us. We had a blast. One other thing I loved was the candy bar. You got to make your own favors with all these different candies that were in their colors. The happy couple is now in Hawaii enjoying the sweet bliss of a honeymoon. It makes me think back to our honeymoon and how you just don't realize what a treat it is to have a vacation for just the two of you.Now for a sleep update. Nights 6-9 all went pretty good. Night 6 was Wednesday night, and he went down fast and woke a few times, but went back to sleep on his own within 5 mins each time. Night 7 was about the same. Night 8, my parents had to put him down since we were at the Rehearsal Dinner. They said he went down and cried for 8 mins, so it did take him a little longer than usual. They said he just woke up once and threw his blanket out, so my mom had to wait until he fell back asleep so that she could go put it back in his pack-n-play. We got home at 12:30, but he only woke up at 3 and went back to sleep fast. He woke for the day at 6:30 am. Night 9 we the wedding night, so my sister-in-law, brother and nephew watched him. They said he went to sleep in about 30 secs and then he just woke up once for another 30 secs, they said it was super easy to watch him. We got home at 1:20 and stirred a bit when we laied down at 2 and then woke again about 3 for about 8 mins, and went back to sleep. At 5 am, he would not stop crying, so I went and go him b/c I needed some sleep and brought him to bed with us (I know that is bad). Anyway, he slept until 7:30 with us, so that was better. Last night, night 10, was another bad night. I took him longer than normal to go down, about 15 mins. Then he woke up like 5 times and took about 5-10 mins each time to go back to sleep. Then he woke up at 5:15 and cried for like 15 mins, so we had to just get him up. I need to do some research, but I was thinking by doing this program that he would start sleeping through the night. I know that he is not with us in bed at night, but he is still waking up an average of 3 times a night and crying himself back to sleep. I was thinking that he would go down and then wake up and we would not really hear a lot of crying. I know all people naturally wake up at night, but most just adjust and then go back to sleep without making much noise, that is what I was hoping for. I wonder if that is going to happen. Also if the crazy screaming when I leave will ever stop. It is nice to have our bed back, but I am still not getting a great amount of sleep. Everytime he wakes up, I wake up, so I am waking up about 3 times a night as well. I will let you know what I find out. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments: