Saturday, April 11, 2009

Race for the Cure/1 Sleep Training Night

This morning was Fort Worth's Race for the Cure in downtown Fort Worth. My dad, Craig and I all went to run. We met up with one of my friends, Jeni, and her mom and friends. It was said that there were 17,000 people there! That is a lot of people, because I think last time I ran it there were only 10,000. My dad was the smart one and signed up for the competitive race, so he got to be in the front to start. Craig, Jeni and I did not, and ended up at the back of the line. It took us 20 mins just to get to the starting line! Then there were so many people that we only got to run like 1/3 of it. Jeni and I had fun, I am not sure about Craig as he wanted to run the whole thing. It took us 60 mins this time to run it and I think last time it took me 34 or so. They had way better freebies this time, even pancakes. After we met up with my mom who was taking care of Linc for brunch, and that was fun. Grandma had a good time with Linc but was very tired afterwards. No one believes how much energy he takes, it is all you can do just to use the restroom when you are watching him. He just gets into everything. Anyway, we had a great rest of the day. We had to buy a video monitor since Linc jumped out of his crib last night. Then we took a family nap, which I know is against the DVD's rules, but I really wanted to snuggle up with my baby. In the afternoon we went to the park, it was a full day.

So on to sleep training. I guess I could say last night didn't go as bad as I thought it would. After jumping out of his crib we ended up putting him in his pack n play. He fell asleep in 60 mins from when we first put him in his crib. He then woke up at 8:30pm and the rules are not to go in there or even say anything to him, so I waited thinking it would be another 60 mins, but he surprised me and went back to sleep in 10 or so. His next waking was at 1:30am, which is a normal waking time for him and again I could not go in there and he went back to sleep in 15 mins. I was traumatized by now, so I could not fall asleep for an hour after that waking. It really is sleep training for both of us. I have to learn how to sleep through the night again as well. It has been over a year since that happened. His last waking was at 5:30. It says not to go in his room until 6 and he cried until 6. So I finally went in and got him. He hung on to me for about 10 mins, but then he let me put him down and was happy to be awake. He didn't seem extra clingy. He was even fine with me leaving him at my moms while we went to the race. So I guess night one is a success.

Night two has started. We put him down at 6:30 because he was falling asleep nursing. He cried for about 45 mins tonight. The funny thing is since we got the camera we can see him in his room and when he was dozing in and out he kept standing. So he was like a horse and he was asleep while he stood, it was cute and sad at the same time. I just have to keep telling myself this will work, this will be better for us all.

No comments: