Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Night 4&5, the good and bad!

Just wanted to share some fun pics from March. This first one is Linc in the washing machine. He climbed in there by himself while I was getting the laundry out of the dryer. I was standing there saying, he can't get in there. Sure enough, he did, haha!

I took this one so that I could see Linc's birthday shirt better. His jeans kinda covered it up at his party. I really love this shirt, Freckled Pink (Tori) made it for Linc. She does great work.

Ok, down to business time!
Since we started the new sleep training, we decided that it was time to put Lincoln in his big boy seat. He had still been riding in his infant seat, it does go up to 30 lbs. He always fell asleep on the way home from school in his infant seat, so we decided that we should try to put him in his toddler seat forward facing thinking maybe he would stay awake. We need him to stay awake on the way home from school, so that he will want to go to bed at 7. We have done good so far, it has only been 2 days, with keeping him up on the way home. On the way to school is a different story as you can see below! Oh and we love his new toddler seat, it is a Reccaro and it is super soft. Reccaro makes racing seats normally, so Craig really like the sporty look to the carseat. They make infant seats too, but they don't make them in the US yet. They are also super safe, which is a huge plus. We got two of them, one in black and cream to go in my car and one in cream to go in Craig's car.

So night 4 went pretty well I would say, that was Monday night. He went down around 7 and was quite in about 1 min. By the time I walked out of his room to the kitchen and back to the living room he was quite! He did stir a bit that night around 1:30 again, but didn't wake up until 6am! So that was a success. Last night, night 5, is a different story, oh boy! He went down at 7 again, but it took him about 15 mins to get to sleep, which is not bad, but not as good as the previous nights. Then he woke up at 11 and cried for 30 mins, which was also strange. He woke again at 12:30 and was crying for 20 mins, then Craig and I decided that something must be wrong since he keeps waking up and not going back to sleep. I have noticed him teething, so I went in and gave him some teething tablets and some Tylenol, then I rubbed his back and put him back down sleepy, but awake. He then cried for another 15 mins and finally went back to sleep. But that was not the end of his night wakings, he woke up again at 1:30 and 3 and 4:50 and cried for about 10 mins each time before going to sleep. Then he woke up for the day at 5:50am. So I would say last night was not a success, I am more tired than I have been in a long time. That is 5 night wakings! Needless to say nobody got sleep last night! We are not sure why he was waking so much, maybe he is going through a growth spurt or the teething is really bothering him. I just know that about 3 times last night I considered scooping him up and bringing him back to bed with us, but I didn't. Anyway, I know that we will have ups and downs, so I just hope tonight is better. We have a wedding to go to this weekend both Friday and Saturday night, so I hope that he sleeps good for my parents and brother and sister-in-law. I will let you know how tonight goes, hopefully better. Until next time, sweet dreams

No comments: