Thursday, July 9, 2009

Spicy Pork Playdate

I have always been a picky eater. But Craig's mom got me to open my mind when she made spicy pork 8 years ago. I remember going to Craig's house for dinner and there always being tones of things that did not look appetizing to me like weeds and kimchi. So most of the time I would just eat the plain rice and the fruit she put on the table. Well one day she served spicy pork and Craig made me try it, and boy am I glad he did because I loved it. I have Craig to thank for me opening my mind further to eating all kinds of thing I did not before. I still won't eat onions and I hate mayonnaise, but now there is more than chicken on my menu.

Craig's parents returned home from Greece about a month ago and invited us over for dinner. What was on the menu? Spicy pork of course, she knows how to please me! I even ate a few weeds this time, but still no kimchi.

They invited our old neighbors which are now their neighbors again. See we use to live in Craig's parents house while they were in Greece for two years. David and Trina came over with little Marley. She is just two months younger than Lincoln and so cute. We moved to our new house when she was just 7 months old, so they did not get to have any play dates. So we took this opportunity for them to meet again and have fun while we ate.

Lincoln loves playing with girls. He always loves his playdates with Avery. They both played with a ball, took turns running after each other and just looked at eat other a lot. We think they had a good time.

I am going to take a detour for a minute. When he went to school on Monday, Ms. Deborah was there when I picked him up. Since I didn't get to post her picture in this post I wanted to post it here. She is such a great woman and teacher, very motherly and we are going to miss her.

Here are our old neighbors, David, Trina and Marley

Marley and Mommy

Linc and Marley checking each other out




See, lots of looking at each other.



The nicest thing was that during dinner Doug had Linc sit on his lap and I got to enjoy all the spicy pork I wanted without interruption. Doug even got him to eat pork and rice, go Lincoln. He is a picky eater just like me, so that is a great stride for him. This pork is so good, Craig's mom wouldn't give us the recipe because she wanted us to come over to have it. We finally got the recipe and there are like 20 ingredients in the sauce alone, I think we will just let her make it. Plus, she makes it way better than we ever had.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Amy,

I love your blog-I can't get over how much Lincoln has grown-he's such a cutie!!!! Can't wait to see ya!!