Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Weekend Warriors

Weekend Recap!
Friday was swimming at the Ryan Y, and we can't wait to go back. On Saturday it was Craig's morning to sleep in so Linc and I just hung around until Daddy woke up at 9. Craig then mowed our huge yard. We say huge because the backyard is probably twice the size of our old yard and Craig dreads mowing it each week. He hates it so bad that sometimes it will go a few weeks before it gets done and then it looks like a jungle in the backyard, but I digress. So he finished mowing the back when my mom called to invite Craig to play golf with my brother and Dad (so the front did not get done, haha). Since we had no real plans, Linc and I just hung around while Dad went off to play golf. Linc took a nap, I picked up the house, finished my book "Blue Moon" (which was really good and I can't wait for the next one to come out in the "Immortals" Series), showered and headed off to Babies R Us. We got all this stuff to set up Craig's parents with a pack'n'play, a booster seat, toys and all the extras. It was a lot of fun buying new stuff for him! You will see soon why we are setting up their house. We finished up the night with pizza at Paulios (sp?) and movies when Linc went to bed. It was pretty relaxing I would say.

So then comes Sunday! It was my day to sleep in, but Linc was determined not to let that happen. He kept screaming really loud for no reason and banging on stuff, so I didn't get much sleep. Linc got in a good nap and then it was off to Craig's parents house.

I forgot how much you can get done when you have two people working on a task. For the past 16 months or longer really (including the last part of my pregnancy) I was not able to help much. First I couldn't help much while preggers and then once Linc was born one of us had to watch him while the other worked. But Sunday, the rules changed and I was ordered to help, haha! Well I was not order, I was actually excited. With Linc being at Grandma and Grandpa's I was free to help Craig do a task we had been avoiding since we moved it, clean the garage.

We moved in 7 months ago and still had not unpacked all the boxes in our garage. Then more junk and trash started to accumulate and it just got out of control. We had never even been able to park our car in the garage and this was a brand new house. So we decided to put on some tunes and get to work (that is after we battled out what we wanted to listen too because we both have very different tastes in music).

I am one of those people that has an easy time just throwing stuff away while Craig is the opposite. So normally I just take charge of the unpacking (in case there is trash) and put Craig in charge of putting stuff away that we are keeping. So after 5 hours of hard work, this was our reward!!!

We were able to put our big car in the garage! Craig mentioned that he doesn't even think we could get both our cars in this garage even if the whole thing was cleaned out and I think he is right. They just don't make garages as big as they use to. We could have fit both in our old house (or Craig's parents house) if it was ever cleaned out.

This is all the trash we have to throw away tomorrow, it is a lot. After that is gone this whole part of our garage will be empty!


These are all Craig's toys (mostly paintball stuff). He will be getting a shelf or cabinet to put it away and we are giving the freezer back to his parents.

More of Craig's toys (he has a lot of hobbies)!

And here is my baby very happy to see me after a long day at school.



Have you ever seen such a big smile?

Kiss Kiss, I love my boys!

Oh and Linc seems to be doing a little better at school. This is surprising to me because I have to stop nursing him in the morning because I started a new shift at work. He was a little extra fussy last night, but tonight he did pretty good. So maybe in a few weeks we will have a happy baby again and we can all enjoy our extra hour together.
Oh and lastly, the reason we set up Craig parents house with all the baby gear is because Linc is having his first over night this Saturday! I think I am excited, and a little nervous. I have never had a night without him so I think for me it will be hard. Also, Linc will be spending time with Craig parents 1 day during the weekend. It will give him time to get to know his parents again and give us some much needed together time and time to do some things around the house. We are excited!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Cute photos of Linc! Nice job on the garage clean out, too! We have the same type of daunting task ahead of us too with the move...I am NOT looking forward to the packing/cleaning/unpacking that is in our near future. But, of course I am pumped about the move! We are in town for good the rest of the summer, so let's plan a play date! When is your next Friday off?

Unknown said...

a great find for panda fanatic!
my roommate and i LOVE this Morn Creations bag
hkpanda.freetzi.com

April said...

I love reading your stories! Wesley and I are the exact same way about music...haha
Yay! Grownups night! Can't wait to see you guys!! We're gonna have so much fun you'll forget you have a kid....bwahahaha
Just kidding....we probably won't have quite that much fun...but still good times for sure!! : )

Tori said...

Amy, you are so diligent about keeping up with your blog! I hope I can be that disciplined once our baby is here! I don't feel like I have as much to write about now, but I'm sure I will then. Looks like you got lots accomplished in your garage. That must feel great!

Oh, also, yes, my blog was done mostly from a free template. I believe it's from ShabbyBlogs.com. They have a bunch of VERY cute stuff! (And free!)