Friday, July 17, 2009

Waterpark Fun, Toddler Style

We have been so super busy this week! Between me being in a real estate law class, Linc starting his new school and starting new hours at work I have not had time to post this week. The good news is that we made it through the first week at the new school with just a few tears. Linc continued to be fussy when we got home, but he was apparently an angel at school. I guess he just wanted to save it for us, don't let him fool you new teachers! I think he is just testing the water, or really he is just not comfortable with them enough yet to be his wild and crazy self.

I also did good in my class and am glad it is over with! I start my new hours for good next week, 6:30 to 4pm! It will be so nice to get off early and pick up Lincoln when I need to. I will be able to make dinner too sometimes and that will help Craig out. It is still hard for me not to be the one taking and picking him up, but I know I will get use to it soon.

I popped into the Montessori today to drop off Craig's key. I saw Ms. Sandra and talked with her a bit. She really misses Lincoln and I know he misses her. I am sad to say that someone has already taken his bed at school, tear :( The funny thing is that she is one day older than Lincoln and Sandra says the mom is just like me. But the girl favors Ms. Debra, so Ms. Sandra feels left out. It was nice visiting with her.

So after a semi stressful new week, I decided that I would take Linc to the Ryan Family YMCA to swim after school on Friday. It was a perfect day for the pool. They have this nice outdoor pool that has a water slide for big kids and a little one for kids like Lincoln. Lincoln could not wait for me to take his shoes off and lather him up, he was so excited to get in the water. It was just me today because Craig was still at work and then had planned to hit golf balls. So I did not get all the pictures that I wanted, the place is really neat.

Linc and I had a great time together and enjoyed our alone time, well with all the other crazy kids at the pool that is! He went down the water slide a bunch, even climbed up the steps himself. I wish I could have got a picture, he had such a huge grin everytime. Again, since it was just me most of my shots are of his back because I was chasing after him, haha. Anyway, it was a nice finish to our week and now we are ready for the weekend!

Linc enjoying some snacks after a big swim.






Once we started playing in the water, I could not get him to look at me. Here he is playing in the big water sprays.



Here is the bottom of the big kid slide. He kept running towards it wanting to go down. Soon buddy you will be able to, but not too soon I hope!



And that was our fun day. Random thought, what is the purpose of a swim diaper? I mean, the pee goes right through the thing. I understand it will catch the poo and won't blow up like a normal diaper. But it does not absorb the pee. I was holding Linc on my hip and felt something warm so I suspected. I didn't know for sure until I put him in a clean dry one (b/c I did not have a normal diaper) for the ride home and when I picked him up his whole seat was wet. So can someone tell me why not just let them go fee, except for the whole possible poo mess. Anyway, that's just my thought for the day.

No comments: