Sunday, April 18, 2010

Baltimore & Very Sad News

It seems like since December I have been traveling about once a month for work.  I have been to Kansas City (2 times), DC, Philly and now Baltimore.  I had never been to Baltimore, so I was curious to see what this city was about.  I had heard mixed reviews.

I ended up going this past Monday for one of my account that we will be closing out in September.  The city was very pretty and not what I expected.  The hotel was also very nice and we did the whole conference there so I did not have to leave much.  I did get to see parts of the harbor while I was there eatting lunch one day and it was very pretty.  Here are some pictures.

While this trip was needed, I was so distracted because of some very sad news I recieved when I got off the plane on Monday.  Our best friends, The Brawley's, had lost Niki's little brother Eric.  If you live in Fort Worth, you know the story because it has been the major headline all week.

I have known the Forresters for a better part of my life.  When Niki and I became close a few years back, I began to know Eric as well.  Anytime we did something fun, he was there with us.  Craig also had a good realtionship with Eric.  He went on kayak trips, camping and burgers lake with Philip and Eric many times.  The hardest thing for me this week was not being able to be there with them when all this was taking place.  Being hundreds of miles away drives you crazy when you know everyone is hurting at home.  

Niki's family is so close, I can only imagine what this is doing to them.  I know that Eric is in a better place, but it is so hard to think that he had to go so soon.  Tomorrow is the funeral and I ask that you please continue to pray for the Forrester family today, tomorrow and beyond.  I can only imagine how hard it will be for them to find a new kind of normal so please pray and take some of the burden from them.  We love you Niki, Philip, Avery, Levi and the whole Forrester Family.   


Blog Signature

No comments: