Friday, April 2, 2010

16 Weeks

Check out the latest two posts.
We had my 16 week check up today.  I know I have not blogged much about these checkups, so I wanted to start.  Everything is pretty great now.  For the most part all of the nausea has gone away.  There are a few things I just don't think I will ever be able to stand smelling this pregnancy, but that is ok.  I am still having what seems like a daily headache.  I hope they will go away, but I have been able to deal with this so far.  I have also had some random numbness, but my midwife says that is common too.

I have been pretty steady on my weight gain, about 2 to 3 pounds an appointment.  And we heard the baby's head beat today and it sounded very strong.  It always gives me butterflys when I hear that sound.  We also did the blood quad screen today and will get those results next time.  It was really just a very routine appointment, which is great.  The next appointment, in 4 weeks, will be a very exciting one.  We get to find out what we are having, a boy or a girl!  That will be a lot of fun.

But I do have things to keep me busy until that time.  My midwife suggested at my 12 week appointment to read a hypnobirthing book.  I really want a different experience this time when I birth, so I want to prepare myself now.  I want a natural birth (no drugs) this time and she said this was a good way to go.  She has had many success that self taught from this book.  It also comes with a practice CD, and I hope that will help.  I am only about 50 pages into the book, and am really liking it so far.  I can't wait to get into the teaching part of the book.  Both Craig and I have to be fulling on board for this to work and I am tooking forward to that making our realationship stronger.  

For next appointment, please pray for a healthy and happy baby.  It won't be long until we know what name we can give our little one.

Blog Signature

No comments: