Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Catch Up

Catch up has become my life these past few days. I have finally been at my job long enough that if I am gone for a week I am super swamped. While work has been busy, my home life has been more of a catch up game. I would love to say that when I got home on Friday, Linc was all smiles. In reality he was mad at me, that is the best way to describe it. He looked away when he saw me and almost cried, it broke my heart. For now Daddy is his world and I am having to catch up with Craig to see what is new with Linc this week and how to reconnect with him.

I could tell all weekend Linc was a different toddler. He was more independent and defiant when it came to sleep. He didn't even take a nap on Saturday and cried for 30 minutes Saturday night when he went to bed. Is it possible he has decided that he no longer needs a nap at almost 2, gosh I hope not! While it has been a difficult few days, I think he is finally coming back around and we are getting in our normal routine again and he is loving on me again. I sure missed that while I was away. The beds were comfy, but nothing beats your own bed and the sound of your baby sleeping on the monitor (its my own personal white noise, hehe). The bad thing is that I might have to go out of town again in two weeks and Craig is out of town next week. I guess we will see how he does with that. I never thought it would effect him so much, but I think it did. I guess since he can't really understand the concept of travel that he didn't know where I was or why I was not coming back each night, that also breaks my heart.

Part of his new found Independence is that he does not want any help with anything. Mornings have been a struggle for Craig because he wants to dress himself. While that has been a struggle, one fun thing is him trying to feed himself. I know he is a late bloomer in this, but he just did better when we fed him. But now he wants to do it himself, so we let him and this is what happened!


He did get some in his mouth, I swear!

I love this new rule of "if you can't get it on the fork, then just use your hands".

How about both hands. All he needs now is some ketchup!

Man am I glad to be home.
Blog Signature

2 comments:

April said...

It's really hard to take his tat seriously with all the food on his face...hahaha! Cute pics!! :-)

Amy G said...

He loves those tattoos. I came home from Washington and Craig had put like 4 on him. He sees the one on my foot and takes his sock off to show me his. Too funny!