Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lincoln Sets Sail on His New Ship

I am using the new blogger upload (which is not that new) and loaded this pictures backwards, haha.  So you are going to see the finished product before you see how it started.  You will just have to start from the bottom and go up to see the progress.  If you will remember a while ago, I had a dream about getting Linc a boat.  We had seen it in Mineral Wells and fell in love with it.  We searched around everywhere for a good price and finally found one in NY that would ship for a great price. 

So for Linc's 2nd birthday, the Grandparents pooled together and got him this great ship.  This is where we will be having his birthday this coming weekend, and I can't wait for all the kids to come enjoy the new ship.  I will say, it is fun for all ages, I especially love the swing.  Here is the new Gabbard Ship (it also has a slide and rock climbing wall not pictured).
He loves it!
Craig, Doug (his dad) and Chad worked a full 8 hours to get it done in one day.  I will have to say, I was super impressed that got it done and on such a cold day.  Thanks so much for helping Craig put this beast together.
Craig and Chad
Craig and Doug
Like I said, I posted backyards, so here is the start of the boat.  You can see the many pieces laying against the house.  It was a super big job, but they got it done.  Linc was so happy and excited and has wanted to play on it everyday since.  The first thing he says in the moning is "Lincoln's Ship?"  I think it was the best gift we could get him and I think it was the perfect time to get it for him so that he will have many years to enjoy it.

Blog Signature

1 comment:

April said...

That thing is AWESOME!!! What kid wouldn't love that!! :-)