Monday, August 30, 2010

37 weeks

I was 37 weeks on 8/25, last Wednesday.  The biggest change this week has been swelling, which is funny because we had a cooler week weather wise.  My feet, ankles, legs and even hands have been swelling.  I was so concerned I even called the dr., but of course it is just par for the course they say.  I didn't really have any with Lincoln until I started having high blood pressure, so that is why I was concerned.  I was hoping not to go down that road again.  When I walked on Monday my feet had indentions in them from my shoes when I took them off, so I can't wear those right now, haha! Luckily my bp is doing fine and the swelling will go away when the baby comes.

My midwife was on vacation this past week, so I saw another dr. in the office.  I really love my midwife because she takes time with me and so I was not use to the quickness of the dr.  While she was very nice, she just seemed in a hurry.  She measured me and said I was measuring 38 weeks, which was less than I measured last week, but she said they could be starting in different places.  When she checked me I was the same as last week, a finger tip dilated and 50 % effaced, so I guess I have been having a few braxton hicks, just not last week.  Here are some shots of 37 weeks.   
In the cafeteria this week someone asked if I was having triplets, haha.  I just have to laugh it off, people really don't know what they are saying.
This week I will be 38 weeks and we will be doing a sonogram again to check my fluid and baby's size.  It is still looming that I might have a larger than Lincoln baby and that she might want to induce.  Lincoln was 7lb 6oz and I had a hard time getting him out.  So she really does not want my baby to get over 8lbs because then I might have to have a c-section.
I am not too worried about it though, I think it will all work out like it is suppose to.  Craig and I have been preparing and I have been praying for a safe, quick delivery and most of all a healthy baby and mamma.  I am nervous about my water breaking at work or somewhere public.  Since I was induced last time, I didn't get to start my labor naturally, which I think would be really cool.  I would really love the opportunity for it to happen naturally this time and if that means my cubies have to take me to the hospital, then so be it, haha!  When I really think of it, it would be convenient for it to happen at work because both my parents are here and they could take me to the hospital, but that is me trying to plan something you really can not plan, right! 
I think for sure she will be a September baby now since we only have 1 day left of August.  See you in September Kennedy!


Blog Signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are adorable! Don't listen to the lady that asked if you are having triplets - that's crazy. There's just a healthy baby in there :) My feet were crazy swollen the second half of my pregnancy. Like RIDICULOUSLY swollen. And my blood pressure was always good so maybe you'll just be one of the lucky ones that has normal bp but looks like you have sausages where your fingers and toes used to be! You're almost there ;)