Monday, May 3, 2010

We are having...

Craig and I had our 20 week ultrasound on Friday.  We had both been praying and hoping for a healthy baby girl.  Not only did I want a girl, but our whole family was rooting for us to have a girl.  Craig's mom had 3 boys and always wished for a little girl.  My parents had me and my brother and then my brother had a boy.  We have Lincoln, so we were starting to get out numbered. 

Last time Craig got what he wanted, and since it all depends on the man, I asked him to wish for a girl.  People kept asking me what I thought I was having and I said a girl, so I was hoping I was right.  I was so nervous when we went in on Friday.  I was afraid my blood pressure was going to be high.  The ultrasound tech was super nice and spent a good amount of time with us.  We got to see all the heart chambers, bones, cord and all kinds of stuff I don't remember seeing with Lincoln.  It calmed me by showing me we had a very heathly baby!  She asked if we wanted to know and we both shouted "YES!"  Then she asked what we thought or hoped for and I was too nervous to say, but Craig said a girl.  Then she said, well you must be living right because you are going to have a GIRL!!! Then the water works started, we were so excited.  Craig called his dad as soon as we got out and then he texted everyone for me.  I think the funniest response we got was from Craig's mom, she said 'Thank You!!!"  She has wanted a girl forever. 

We are so excited to have one of each now, how great.  I would like to introduce Kennedy Mae Gabbard!
Blowing bubbles.  I think her nose is different than Lincoln's, maybe she has daddy's nose.
She is a girl!
I was so excited after the appointment that I made Craig take me to the Gap.  There was this outfit I had my eye on for a few weeks and I wanted to get it before it was gone.  It is going to go great with the theme I want to do for her room. 

Here are my 20 week shots!
My belly is for sure growing, now I look pregnant!
Sweet baby Kennedy!
Lincoln is so cute trying to say her name.  I think he is excited and starting to get the concept there will be a little baby soon.  My mom brought by my old doll bed over and Linc is having a blast playing house with the baby.   

I am also feeling her move more.  They said that the placenta is laying in the front, so it might be harder for me to feel her as strong.  I can't wait until Craig can feel her, but it might be a while because of that.   

Blog Signature

2 comments:

The Norris Family said...

We are very happy for you guys. I know you must be very excited and relieved. We look forward to meeting her!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting :) Have a blast shopping in the 'always plenty to choose from' girls section!!!