Sunday, May 23, 2010

Small Change, Big Difference

Check out the latest 2 posts
I had been looking for an easy way to spruce up the front of our house.  Planting did us wonders last November, but something was still missing.  Then one day I was walking in the house and mentioned to Craig that we needed to clean up the door.  It had a bunch of scuffs and dings in it and just made our entry look drab.  Craig said we should paint it.  I was all for that.  We did that at our old house and it make a huge difference.

I have always wanted a red door, but that color just does not go with our overall house color.  We needed something cooler.  I forgot to take a before picture, so this is from November when we did the landscaping.  Our door use to be cream colored.
Now it is a fun blue color!
To us, it makes a huge difference.  I really love the look of the house now.  Our neighbor actually came over and commented as soon as we closed the door.  I also planted new flowers all weekend.  So now I am very happy with the way the house looks.  It looks a lot more bright and lively!
Craig did an excellent job on the door.  I really love it and want to stare at it for hours, haha!


Blog Signature

2 comments:

nbrawley said...

That's so funny because yesterday when you told me you were painting your door I thought "hmmm, blue would look great!" Great minds think alike. It looks awesome!

Jenn said...

LOVE the door! It totally changes the look of the front of your house and livens it up! Good choice!