Sunday, May 9, 2010

My 2nd Mothers Day

What would my mothers day be without this guy?
It would not be a mother's day, because you are my first born, my love, my sweet little boy that makes being a mother special every day and not just today.  You light up my life and bring renewed adventure to all my days.  I understand now how my mother feels, and only you could have shown me that.  No one can tell you how great and special it is to be a mother.  Sure, there are hard days, but when I look at his face, it all fades away.  I love you Lincoln, you have opened my eyes to joy I never could have imagined I would be blessed with.
And now you are going to be a big brother.  I know you will show your little sister how great it is to have a mom.  Just like I see from my brother how much he loves our mom and how our lives would be different without her.  I feel love from my mom everyday and I hope that Lincoln and Kennedy will feel that from me each day as well.
I love you Lincoln, you are my sweet baby boy!  Thanks for choosing me to be your mommy!
This year for mother's day, we all went out to eat.  My grandmother, aunt and sister in law were all there.  I love my Mom!
Ryan, Ginger and I. 
Ginger, Mom, me and Grandma.  What a special mother's day.
Linc would not sit still to take a picture today, so I was having to hold him down for it.
Here we are, finally!
Daddy said cheese and he cheesed!
I got the most awesome mother's day gift.  I got a sewing machine!  Ever since Niki introduced me to sewing when she got one, I have wanted one.  Sure, it takes a lot of time, but it is so neat to see something you made yourself.  Craig got me one that I could sew with and embrodier.  I took a class with it this Saturday and feel a lot more comfortable with it.  Check her out!
My first time to personalize something!
This was my first big project.  I saw on Tori and Dean, Stella had on this cute bib with a big S on it.  I wanted to try to make it and it seemed simple enough.  Well for someone whom has only sewn a straight line a few times, it was not that easy.  It took a few hours and some stitch pulling, but I finally got a finished product.  While it is not perfect, I think it is pretty good for my first complete project.  Check it out!
The back part is terry cloth which is not easy to sew with for sure.  It was a super fun project and I am going to do another one for her.
I hope all you mother's and soon to be mother's had a wonderful mother's day.  I know mine was great and I can't wait until next year, when I will have two babies to celebrate with.  Love you mom!


Blog Signature

No comments: