Sunday, January 24, 2010

Snip Snip

I had said from the beginning that I didn't want to cut Lincs hair for as long as I could. I think the little shaggy boy look is cute and figured it would save us some trauma as well since I always hear that children scream at the first hair cut. If you can't tell from the million pictures I post, Linc has some strange hair. It is really straight in the front and curly and long in the back. It is also very fine and every morning it ends up in a rats nest that is impossible to get out without a good, wet brushing. It didn't look good anymore, so I finally broke down and decided it was time to cut his crazy mane.

After some research and referrals, we decided to go to Cool Cuts 4 Kids on Saturday. I was a bit nervous, but Linc seemed to be excited about getting his hair cut. He watched Daddy get his cut a while back ago and wanted to get his cut too. Cool Cuts was great, they had toys and tvs to distract the children.

After waiting for a bit, Linc was called back and got to sit in the little red car! Here he is right when he sat down. He is showing you that he is about to get his hair cut.



Like I said, he always has a rats nest and the stylist had to use leave in conditioner to get it to straighten out.

Not sure about the slicked back look, haha!

See how long it is when it is all combed and wet.

We were so amazed, he did not cry once. I think he actually enjoyed it. He was looking at all the people and just ignoring what what happening to his hair. Here he is after the cut with gel in his hair, another first. He looks so stylish and now you can actually see the curls, so cute!


He is all done and no tears where shed! Yay, I hope it always goes like this, good job little buddy.

What a stud!

Blog Signature

2 comments:

The Jungs said...

You are so lucky that he didn't cry! Riley throws such a fit every time he gets his haircut! I wish he would do as good as Lincoln!!! But Cool Cuts 4 Kids is pretty awesome!

nbrawley said...

First cut is always a memorable experience. His new do (sp??) looks great!