Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Bloggy Memory

Check out the two latest posts. I don't know if this blog is making my memory bad, or if it was the 48 hours of labor with Lincoln that made me lose some memory cells, haha. For some reason, if I don't blog about my weekend right away, I forget what we have done. It is like I am putting all my memories in here and then they are just gone in my head, kinda weird.

This weekend started out great with Friday off. We all slept in, and then Linc and I headed over to the gym. After that I got my hair cut, and this is where my memory gets foggy, I can't really remember what we did the rest of the day until dinner. Paula came over for dinner and we made steaks and sopapilla cheesecake (for the 2nd time this week! Yikes!). Craig and I finished off the night watching some alien movie with Keanu Reeves in it and then headed off to bed.

Saturday started off busy with Linc and I showering and getting ready for Little Gym. He only has one more class and then the session is over. We did not sign him up again for the spring session so that we could use our Museum & Zoo memberships. We might sign him up again in the summer or we might do swim lessons again. It was a great class, but I want us to not be so booked on Saturday like we have been this past year. After Little Gym, we headed out for Lincoln's first live basketball game. We went and saw my nephew, who is in eighth grade, play basketball. Ryan did great and they won the game. Linc did great as well, he only made us walk around the bleachers a few times and was satisfied to sit in Daddy's lap as long as he had a bag of Skittles (bribe much?!?).

After lunch we all went down for a nap and then over to my parents. My dad has been working in DC for a few months and doesn't get to see Linc much, so he wanted to play with him for a bit. After that we headed over to Niki and Philips. It was kind of a boys and girls night. The boys got Whataburger and watched the Cowboy Game. Us girls went to Olive Garden and then watched criminal investigation shows. It was a fun night!

Sunday was a little less busy. I went to church and target and that was the bulk of our day.

Lincoln loves to water the flowers, and while watering on Sunday we realized he figured out how to open and shut the front door by himself. It is both amazing and scary to us at the same time. Luckily I started back in college always locking the door behind me even when I am home, so he can't get out. He has not figured out the locks yet!

Here is my little man coming to help water.

What a cutie!

Here he goes, opening the front door.

He got it.

Ever since we went to Niki's on NYE, Linc has wanted daddy to build a fire. We have lived in this house over a year and have two fire places and have never made a fire in them. Craig finally broke it in and now Lincoln wants a fire every night. He even talks about "Daddy on Fire" at school. I bet that scares the teachers, haha. He just means to say he wants daddy to make a fire. Here he is relaxing by the fire.

I am glad I got that all written down, it sure was a lot of stuff. I guess since we are so busy, I sometimes forget the small fun things we do. I am thankful I have a blog I can go back to so I can remember.
Blog Signature

No comments: