Monday, December 28, 2009

A White Christmas Eve

We woke up Christmas Eve morning to find snow falling from the sky...in TEXAS! Rarely do we ever get snow and most of the time it is in January or February, so we were very surprised. It was perfect timing. It was also nice that we had time to enjoy it. Both Craig and I were off and we had all our shopping done. Thanks to Paula, we had most of the baking prepped for Christmas Day. So all we had to do on Christmas Eve was hang out and get ready to go to my mom's at 4pm.
Here we are in the backyard just as the flakes are starting to fall. You have to look really close, but they are there.

That hat makes me look bald.

Now you can see it a little better. It was fun, but very cold.

It has been a tradition since I moved out to go to my parents house on Christmas Eve. We normally bake fudge and prepare a few dishes for the next day. And we also get to open all our presents from them, which is fun! This year we were having Christmas at my house, so my mom helped me prepare the sweet potato balls for the next day. This is what the snow looked like around 5pm.

Linc, my mom and I enjoying the pretty snow on their back porch.

Family Snow Photo!

My mom's tree with all the gifts.

Linc is a bow head.


Mom is a bow head.


Craig the camera man.

Getting ready to open the gifts.

Baby Santa, so cute!



I got a pig from my aunt when I was two and it ended up being my bff when I was growing up. I named him Piggie (I know, super original) and he went everywhere with me. So my mom said that when she saw this snoring pig, she just had to get it for him. She did good job because he loves the little guy.

Linc first big lego set. He loves the set he got for his birthday, so I knew he would love this one too.

Craig and I opening our Roomba. We were so excited to get this, our dog sheds so much we just can't keep up. Oh and do you like Craig's hair cut? Good, because I gave it to him (with a little help from Craig's mom).

Ginger and Ryan.

It was a great night. We all enjoyed spending time together and opening our gifts. When we finally went home, it really looked like a White Christmas out there, it was so pretty and slippery. The Christmas post will come soon!
Blog Signature

No comments: