Sunday, December 13, 2009

Celebration Weekend

What a busy weekend. I think this is the first time I have sat down. We celebrated a bunch this weekend, starting with my office Christmas party on Thursday. Craig worked Friday morning (it was our off day) and Linc and I headed to the gym and then to do errands. Then we went out with Craig's parents to celebrate Craig's birthday. We went to this new Korean BBQ place on Bryant Irvin, it was pretty great. I think Craig really enjoyed it.

Saturday we had Little Gym and then it was off to see...SANTA! Jennifer Borg hosted a little holiday party for the kids. Linc has been wanting to see Santa all season, so I was super pumped to see how he would do when given the chance. Turns out he did great. I think he was the only child over one and under 4 that didn't cry on Santa's lap. Here is Linc with Santa!

By the way, this was the best Santa I have ever seen, good job Jenn! Here is our family photo with Santa.

Avery was one of the children that was not to keen on Santa, but Niki and I tried to get her a picture anyway. I hope we did not traumatize her.

Linc playing with Boston's toys, he loves his toyroom.

Boston was willing to give Santa a high five, but that was it, haha!

There's a smile!

Playing with Levi

There was also cookie decorating. Here is Linc eating the jelly beans that are suppose to go on the cookie, haha!

Me trying to make the cookie a little more presentable.

Linc, Levi and Avery decorating.



Saturday night we had another party to attend, my mom and Craig's birthday dinner. We headed to a new place for us, Mesquite Pit in Weatherford. It was pretty good and we got free dessert which is always a plus. I had gotten a balloon for my mom and Craig, but Linc would not let it out of his site. It kept him entertained for most of the night, so maybe I should always bring one to dinner, haha.

Happy Birthday Mom


The Birthday Folks, mom and Craig.

Part of the family, minus Craig, Linc and Ginger.


Sunday I had Natalie Griffin's baby shower and then it was home to bake, bake, bake. My group at work is hosting the 10th day of Christmas, so we are doing a "Santa's Sweet Shop" theme. I was tasked with making froggy cupcakes, 2 batches of Chocolate Chip Cookies and strawberry peanutbutter cups. It was fun, but messy. You know how Linc loves to help, well more taste, well we got some funny pics of him trying the red velvet batter.

Yeah, it looks like he is eating blood, gross. We might have a vampire on our hands, ooooooo! Red velvet just does not look right uncooked.

The cupcakes turned out really cute and I can't wait to take them to work tomorrow. Speaking of work, I better get things ready for the long week ahead, night!

Blog Signature

3 comments:

Jenn said...

WOW! You guys DID have a packed weekend! Where do you find the energy?! Thanks for coming, glad you guys could make it, and so jealous that Linc sat so nicely on Santa's lap:) Maybe next year Boston and Avery will follow suit!

Amy G said...

I'm sure they will do good next year. I think it just take some getting use to. Linc is just not very fearful, which can be a bad thing too. The party was super fun, you throw great parties. And I just love your house!

Tori said...

Looks like you're staying busy! I bet y'all are having so much fun watching Lincoln take in all of the Christmas fun this year. Merry Christmas!