Thursday, December 10, 2009

Paintball & Shopping, The Perfect Combo!

Burr, it sure is getting cold outside! You better bundle up little Linc. Check out the two latest posts!

"Nah, I am a man, I don't need a jacket."

This past weekend we headed down to San Marcos for a birthday/paintball tourney weekend for Craig. As I have mentioned in the past, Craig's team never plays in DFW so he always has to travel for his games. This weekend happen to be his birthday as well, so I didn't want him to head down to the game alone. Luckily the game was an hour outside of San Marcos and Cory (Craig's Brother) has a house out there, so we set up camp there for the weekend.

My Paula Walla, whom I mentioned in this post, came home from the Iraq and Germany for good last week and I was so excited to see her. I knew I was going to be out of town and had not seen her yet, so I invited her to come along with us. It turned out great and I am so glad I got to catch up with her, it has been so long.

When we got to Cory's house, he suggested we go to a light and Christmas festival that was going on close to his school. We bared the cold weather and got to ride a bus, which was a big highlight for Linc. He wanted to run up and down the aisles, until a bunch of people bored, then he sat nicely with Daddy.

He would not wear the nice gloves and hat he had on earlier, so we tried our best to keep him warm.

Paula and I on the bus. Man did I miss her. She is now a redhead, but I can keep this to remind me of her blonde days.

Once we arrived I wanted to snap a picture of all of us. Next to Craig is Cory (the youngest brother) and Chad (the middle brother). I look so short compared to all of them, haha. This really makes Lincoln look more like his Daddy when he is with all of them.

Linc can always spot out a playground. This was the perfect size for him.


Paula was such a big help with Linc this weekend, thank you! He does not weigh that much, but carrying him around everywhere is hard. Linc really enjoyed all the lights and sounds.

I just love this light Christmas tree. It was lifted off the ground and there was fake snow falling underneath.

Ever since out neighbors but up their decorations (which included a huge blow up Santa) he has had a fascination for Santa. Everytime he sees a Santa he calls him "Big Santa". The line was really long to take a picture with Santa, so I just let him look at him from the steps. But being the big boy he is, he just decided that was not enough and marched right up to him, haha. I had to grab him quick before someone got mad, but it was really cute. Here is Linc checking out Santa.

It ended up being in the low 20s that night, so after we got some food and kettle corn it was back on the bus and home for us. Linc was so tired as well that when we got home it was all he could do to stay awake to change before going to bed.

The next day Craig, Cory and Chad headed off to their paintball game all bundled up. Paula and I had a equally exciting day planned of SHOPPING at the outlet malls. We had a blast even if Linc was being a stinker the first half. We finally figured out that if we gave him a lolli, he would sit in his stroller. Yes, I am not below bribing my child so I can get some Christmas shopping done. We found such great deals that we had to come back on Sunday to hit the other side. It was great!

Saturday night we celebrated Craig birthday with a FANCY delivery pizza and some ice cream cake, his favorite. It was a great weekend for all overall and Linc did amazing on the car ride home. I think the key is to have someone sitting next to him and he will be happy. Happy Birthday Honey, I hope you had a good one. We love you!
Blog Signature

No comments: