Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Day At The Museum

I am a bit late on getting this post up, but two Saturday's ago we headed out to the new Fort Worth Science Museum. They just revamped the whole place and we were told the children's area was going to be way bigger. We decided to get a membership because it would be a great activity when it was too cold or too hot outside. The place looks so different than I remember it. I think it is a lot bigger than the old one and way more child centered.

When we first got there we took a mini tour before committing to any one exploring area. They have this outdoor water area, and when Linc saw it through the window he wanted to get down and go through the glass immediately, haha. So this was our first stop, the water outdoor area. He ran right up to the water guns. He was just happy holding the gun and then I showed him how to make the water shoot and I think he could have stayed here the whole day. He had such a fun time with the water.

Craig liked the water guns too, it is great for all ages!

He didn't want to leave this area, but we had to make him explore more.

Craig had a bunch of fun with the geyser simulator.

Away she blows!

Construction site, fun fun!

This was the cutest little wheelbarrow I have ever seen, just his size. (It was so cute, Santa had to get it for Linc for Christmas, Shhhhh!)

Look at that strong worker man.

We had to check out the water one more time before we headed in. I'm telling you, this is where he wanted to stay the whole day.
Next we headed into the supermarket. I saw this once on Jon & Kate and thought it was such a cool idea. They did not have this at the Dallas Museum, so I was excited to see it here. He had a blast filling the basket and then unloading it.



Then it was into the main part of the children's museum via the dragon's mouth. We had to pick a little boggie first, haha!

This was another place he could have spent his whole day. He absolutely loves cars, so this was perfect for him. But of course he was not the only one that wanted to sit there, so he did have to move eventually.

He is using his good hygiene before touching the baby.

Putting the baby to bed after a good bath.

They also had a Dino dig, but Linc was not too interested. Maybe he does not like the sand, not sure.

Before we left, we stopped off in the older kids area. They had all kinds of fun activities, including this top station.


And tinker toys.


It was a super fun day, but we have so much more to explore so we can't wait to go back. Maybe we can go again this weekend. I love going to places like this because it makes me feel like a kid again and that is such a great feeling.

On a side note, have you ever had the dried ice cream? This is one of the things I found out that both Craig and I loved as kids to get when coming to a place like this. Craig was on hot pursuit to see if they had any in the gift shop and sure enough they did. It is not as good as I remember it, but Linc sure seemed to like it. Anyway, it was fun day and I suggest you go if you have not yet.
Blog Signature

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Looks like SOO much fun! I hadn't read this when I talked to you earlier. Let's make a date to go back together! Yea!