Saturday, November 28, 2009

We Are Thankful

We are so thankful for so many reasons these past two years and most begin with the name Lincoln. He has brought so much joy and life into our lives and we are so thankful God blessed us with such an active toddler. He keeps us on our toes daily and our minds active with ways to entertain him.

We are also thankful for our jobs and for our thriving marriage in these not so great times. We are thankful for the new blessings in our lives and for the strength to find new joy in the holiday's while missing a loved one. But mostly we are thankful for our extended family. It is always tradition to spend Thanksgiving with my side of the family. This year we actually spent it at a different family members house, my aunt Kaye. Speaking of new blessings, she just welcomed her first grandchild in June and they were visiting from Alaska for Thanksgiving and she wanted to show him off. You know I love to tell my story in pictures, so here we go!

Here is our happy family all getting ready for the wonderful lunch!

Here is the new family and grandchild, Evin. This was the first time we met my cousin Jeremy's wife and baby. He is five months old and super cute. A very sweet child and a great sleeper, double blessing!


I am so thankful for my parents, they have taught me so much about family and I feel ours is strong because of it.

Here is my mom with Linc by the pool. They both have a love for outdoors, so this is where they spent most of their time.

I am thankful for my grandparents, they are always so sweet and caring. They especially love Lincoln and Linc loves them. Here they are testing out his piano skills, I think this is the first time he has seen one.

Baby Evin was such a trooper with all the people. Here is Ginger giving Evin his bottle, such a sweet little guy.

Here is my nephew, Ryan. I am so thankful for him, he actually taught me a lot about babies when I was really young because he once was a baby himself. He is always such a sweet guy!

Ginger and Linc playing airplane.

My brother and dad in the background while Linc plays with the dog toy, haha.

Here is my aunt Kaye helping Linc learn to water the flowers. This will be a key skill now that we have a bunch in the front yard.


He does not quite get the concept yet since pools most of the time don't need to be watered, haha!

I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am for Lincoln. God has blessed our family with the child we asked for and more. I can't get enough of him and I thank the Lord for him each day. I know how much he loves us and to feel that love is something that will carry me through the rest of my life. He really lights up our life.
But in all seriousness, does anybody need a stomach pump after all that turkey?

My aunt collects antique coke memorabilia and it was a great set up for a mini photo shoot! But he didn't like sitting up there so I only got one!

My two favorite boys.

Thanks daddy! It has been a while now, but Lincoln has please, thank you, and welcome down. Most of the time he will say Thank You, Welcome at the same time, haha, but he gets the idea and just in time for Thanksgiving!

Oh man am I thankful for this guy. He has giving me the world and then some. He has stood by my side and loved me the way I need to be loved. Thank you baby for being you!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and got to spend time with the ones you love. I know my bestey Paula missed it by just a few days, but will be home soon to a loving family that misses her. Please pray that she gets home safely and is welcomed by all that missed her.
Blog Signature

No comments: