Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Happy, Happy Birthday To Me!

My family has always celebrated birthdays for like a week straight. It does not matter how old I get, this never fails to change, which I love! My parents always made me feel like a princess around my birthday, so I guess you could say that spoiled me. Craig has informed me that I am now in my late 20's, so I feel old, haha! He is still in his early 20's until December and then he will be right there with me.

As I said in an earlier post, mine started last Friday with a dinner with Craig. My mom came over to watch Lincoln while we slipped away to Lonesome Dove. It was our first time to go and it was so great! We love unique food, and they have tons of it. We had lobster hush puppies and boar ribs. Craig had duck for dinner, but my favorite was the pumpkin bread pudding, it was fabulous! We were both so stuffed afterwards, but it was a great start to my birthday week! Here we are about to head out to eat.
Tuesday, my actual birthday, I went out to lunch with my mom. The waiter even sang happy birthday in Italian to me, pretty sweet! It was also a short day at my work (b/c we have off for Veterans Day), so I got to head home a little early. When I got home, I found this waiting for me!

Yummy! I love cookie bouquets and apparently Linc does too. Craig knows this is my favorite treat so he did great. As of today there is only a half of a cookie left out of 7! Linc and I took care of it. It is funny to have someone as fascinated with sugar as me. He has been a big help when I need someone to help me knock back a dessert.

I had Wednesday off for Veterans Day and so I took off the rest of the week for a little birthday treat to myself. It was really nice. Craig made me Hamburgers and Fries on Wednesday for dinner, it was nice to not have to cook and the food was awesome!

Thursday was my family dinner night and we went to Texas De Brazil. As always, it was wonderful and I got way too full. I feel like with all the food I ate this week I am going to have to work out over time next week.
Ginger, mom, me, Craig, Bob and dad at TDB

Craig and I.
My dad and I.
My mom and I.
Friday I went to see Anita Renfro with Jennifer, her mom and mother-in-law and Adrienne. Jen and I went to see her right before we got married in 2005, so it has been a while. She is a great Christian Comedian if you don't know who she is. We started off at Babe's for dinner before hitting the show. It was great and we had a blast. It was also great to see Jen, I have not seen her in a while.
Jen and I at the show.

The rest of the group, Jen's mom, Jen, Adrienne, me and Jen's mother-in-law, a true girls night!

If you can believe it, today is Saturday and we are still celebrating, haha! And we have a lunch tomorrow as well with Niki and Philip. Then I think we can finally say bye to my birthday and move on to other things, like planning Craig's birthday week! Here I am cutting into my cake. My parents bought it for me, but I was so stuffed after TDB I could not eat it. So we lit it up today and sang. (I look very tired in this photo, but I have a very good reason, we did a huge project this week you will have to wait to see!)

Linc loved the chocolate dipped strawberries!

Yum!


Blog Signature

No comments: