Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Caiden's Baby Shower

Last Saturday, we had a baby shower for Jennifer and baby Caiden.  I have been so excited about this shower and for Jen and Mike to welcome their first child!  I met Jennifer in our college sorority and we have been friends ever since. 

For this shower, I was in charge of decorations,the cake and a few games.  Who knows why I took on those tasks right after having a baby since decor is the most time consuming, but it turned out great and I am so happy.  I think I get a bit carried away when it comes to the decor, haha!

There were a bunch of hosts for her shower, Jen's mom, Mike's mom, Katie (old work friend), Adrienne (college friend) and I.  Katie and Adrienne did the food and favors, yum.  Here is the room where all the food was set up.

The fun poms I made, they are an easy way to make a room pop!

Close up of the cake.  I got it from Treat Me Sweet and it was amazing.  The almond flavor Jennifer loved and the raspberry filling topped it off!

Adrienne made all these cookie favors by hand.  They tasted like cookie bouquet cookies, yum!  She is super talented!

Food spread minus the orange sherbet punch!

Close up of the banner I made, it turned out great!

I love diaper cakes, so I figured I could make one for her as part of her gift.  I also wanted to make her a blanket.  After I picked out the fabric, I knew I had to use those colors as the decor theme, they were so cute!  Here is her diaper cake, the blanket comes up in the pics later.


Here is one of the games we played.  It was a hard one, no one got all of them right, haha!

Cute little C!

I found this frame at Hobby Lobby and had to get it.  It went great with both the shower colors and the nursery theme, jungle!  We had everyone write down advice in a book for her.

Front door sign I made.  I love it, but I wish it would not have curled in the sunlight.  I will have to work on that.

The guest of honor, Jennifer (and baby Caiden)!

Jennifer with Adrienne, the yummy cook!

Mike's mom, Rita and Jennifer playing the toilet paper game!

Look at all that loot!  They really did get a lot of great stuff, so blessed!

Opening some gifts!

Jen, Kennedy (in the wrap) and I.

Here is the blanket I made!  I had a friend monogram it for me so it would look really nice.  I didn't get a pic of the other side, but it is just the other brown fabric you saw on the diaper cake.

Jennifer, Diana, Kennedy and I (all in Zeta together).

Diana holding Kennedy!  She is hoping to have a girl someday!

Here we are at the end of the shower.  It was such a great time that I didn't even realize we had been there for over three hours.  Kennedy was a such a good girl and I got to decorate when I got there and then went to sleep during all the present opening. 















I can't wait to meet baby Caiden.  He will be here in January 2011!!!  Congrats Jen and Mike!

Blog Signature

No comments: