Sunday, September 5, 2010

38 Weeks

Last Wednesday I was 38 weeks and had my check up on Friday.   Ever since we started measuring big I knew it was a possiblity that I might get induced with her.  I was induced with Lincoln for different reasons and really didn't want to do that again.  But I prepared myself anyway for this appointment since she was planning to make a decision after our sono. 

The sono was fun, we saw her moving around a lot and she measured all her parts.  After she was done, she said the baby is weighing in at 8lbs 3oz right now!  Wow, big baby for little old me.  I knew once she said this that an induction was in my future.  I also did not gain any weight this week which I heard means the baby is ready.  My midwife wanted to wait until 39 weeks to do the induction, so Wednesday is deliver day.  I am super excited, but also very nervous.  I had told her before that I really wanted to go on my own, so she decided to strip my membranes and see if she could stretch me to a 3, which she did.  I was at a loose one when I came  in. 

I have been praying and praying that I don't have to have the induction and that she will come on her own.  Hopefully it will come true, but if not, I just pray for a safe delivery and heathy baby and mom.  Here are some pics from 38 weeks.

Measuring at 40 weeks now!  I never knew my stomach could stretch so much.  I really can't wait to meet her and see who she looks like.  I am sure it will be Craig, but it would be a nice surprise if she had a trait from me in her.   

We will see you soon miss Kennedy!

Blog Signature

No comments: