Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Kennedy's Room & 32 Week Update

As I mentioned in the last post, Craig finished painting Kennedy's room and we moved the furniture in last Saturday.  After the shower I started to put some of the stuff she got out and I wanted to give you a little look see of her room so far.  Mind you, we have a lot of decorating on the walls we need to do, but you can get the general idea of what it looks like right now.  And the paint colors are gray, hot pink and white.

The banner from the shower hangs on her door for now until we go to the hospital.
Here is her crib with the bedding I made (with instruction from Jenny and Nancy).  I made her bumpers, crib skirt and the quilt/blanket.  I still have to make the curtains and table skirt.
Her blanket turned out great, but I will have to say it is made of blood, sweat and tears for sure.  I went over to Nancy's to finish it and she has a much more powerful machine than mine.  I guess I was not paying good attention and ended up sewing through my finger doing this blanket.  The needle ended up breaking in 3 pieces and it just felt like I got a shot, so I was shocked to see all the blood, haha.  Anyway, to be safe I called the dr. the next day and they wanted me to get a teatnus shot and get an xray to make sure it all came out.  Long story, but I want to remember it when she gets older.
Here are the finished bumpers, they turned out great and I love it.
Here is her changing table and a few of the gifts from the shower.
Here is her big dresser.  I love all the details on this furniture, it is very vintage looking!
Some of the fun stuff from the shower.
Niki and Maria had a great idea to get a whole bunch of different K's and put them up in her room.  They started me a little collection so far.  Natalie got me all the initials for her name.
Some of the fun K's.
Here is a vintage brush, mirror and comb set Paula got me at an antique store, very pretty.
One last look at her fun bed.  I admit that I am proud of my self seeing that this was my first real sewing project!
I am actually 33 weeks today, but I had my 32 week appointment last week.  These are from today.
At my 32 week appointment everything went well for the most part again.  My weight was good and so was my blood pressure.  But when my midwife walked in she made a comment that I all the sudden looked really pregnant.  She asked me if I felt that way, meaning did I feel big.  And actually all week people had been making comments at work like "I don't know how you are going to make it" and "Are you sure it is not twins" and "wow", haha, that one was my favorite.  So I said, yes, I have felt a bit bigger all the sudden.  My clothes also seem to be riding up on my stomach, but pants are fine.  It was my stomach that seemed to be growing at a rapid pace.
So she measured me once, paused and then did it again.  Then she said I was measuring bigger than I should be at this time.  She thought maybe we could see the sonographer just to get a gist on the size, but she was not able to get me in.  So she measured me two more times and I finally asked how big I was measuring.  She said I was measuring at 35 weeks!  That is 3 weeks more, yikes, haha.  So I said to her, you sure there is not a twin in there.  To which she replied, no, but it could be a 10lb baby!  Can you imagine a 10lb baby?  I had a hard time getting Linc out and he was only 7lb 6oz. 
We get to have a sono next week and so maybe we can determine her growth pattern at the time, we shall see.  Or maybe she will be normal size but I will just go early, who knows.  Everything else was fine, I am still taking my iron because it did not change enough to stop taking it.  It is exciting to think she will be here fairly soon!

Blog Signature

2 comments:

Brandi Medrano said...

This is how I want to paint Addison's room too! Kennedy's room is so cute!! :)

April said...

Wow, your bedding turned out great and it looks like your baby shower was really nice. Sorry I missed it!