Sunday, November 27, 2011

First Adult Getaway

Another reason I decided not to pick nursing back up with Kennedy after the 72 hours is that we had a trip coming up that weekend that would be our first no kids trip since we had kids. 

We got invited to Ryan and Stefanie's wedding on November 13th in Austin, TX.  We had originally planned to all go down (Craig, me, the kids, and Craig's parents) to San Marcos on Friday and stay with Craig's brother and hit up the outlets!  Then Craig's parents decided they didn't want to go down and that they would just keep the kids in Benbrook while we went down.  I was so nervous but also excited since this was our first kid less trip. 

We headed down on Saturday morning and went to the outlets first before driving back up to Lakeway (a suburb of Austin, I think) to go to their rehearsal dinner.  They had it at this fun Italian restaurant called Rocco's. We had a great time hanging out with a few people from high school. Here we are at Rocco's, sorry, it was from my iPhone.


The wedding was on Sunday afternoon, so we decided to run with the groom that morning and then head back to the outlet malls in San Marcos, I wanted to get some good shopping in!  This was also kinda my birthday weekend, so I wanted to get some goodies! They had the wedding at the Vintage Villas on Lake Travis.  It was a beautiful setting and I was so mad at myself because I left my memory card at home, ugh!  Here we are with Ed and his wife, Janey at the reception.

I have known Ryan since I moved to Texas when I was in third grade.  He lived behind me my whole life and now they live around the corner from Craig and I in the same neighborhood.  Ryan and Stefanie started dating about 6 years ago, and I knew they were right for each other from the start.  I am so happy they made this next step and it was a wonderful wedding. Here is the beautiful couple on their first dance.


While we were away, the kids were having a blast hanging out with Craig's parents.  They went to the park, went on walks, watched movies and played all day!  They sent us a few pictures to see how much fun they were having!  Here is Kennedy at Spring Creek having her a rib!  Mmm, doesn't that look good!

Their neighborhood is nice because they have a little park right up the street from them.  Kennedy visits it daily with Yong.  They had fun sliding down the slide.  I will say that these pictures did make me miss them so much. 






















We ended our trip on Monday morning and headed back to get our babies.  It was a wonderful first Adult trip.  We got to talk to each other without interruption.  It was nice to be in the car and not hear screaming after 15 minutes.  It was nice to be able to just have fun with my husband and goof off like we did when we first met. But all the things that made the trip nice to have without kids, also made me miss them that much more.  I could not wait to get back to their hugs and sweet kisses.  It was just what we needed!


Blog Signature

No comments: